MeetElise is on a mission to revolutionize the housing industry, with the ultimate goal of making good housing more accessible.
Access to affordable housing isn’t just a problem - it’s a global crisis. An estimated seven million affordable and available rental homes are needed in just the US alone, and no amount of government spending or policy have proven to be effective solutions.
MeetElise uses machine learning to address the underlying cause preventing significant advancements in affordable housing: operational costs. By automating the leasing and management of apartment homes, we’re creating a new, low cost operating model that allows for the development of new housing at scale.
Our first product is an AI leasing agent named Elise that converts 65% more prospective renters to residents than a human leasing agent. She answers questions and schedules tours 24/7 and is so human-like that renters say they’re “here to meet Elise” when they show up for a tour.
MeetElise is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors, and customers and was started by technical cofounders from MIT and the University of Cambridge.
Our small, courageous team is building the future we want to live in. A future where housing is affordable, powered by technology, and accessible to all.
About the role
MeetElise is growing quickly and you’ll be scaling out the infrastructure for 24/7 service for our first million apartments and beyond. The product-engineering team is small but growing, which means you’ll have a huge impact on the technical direction and product that is used by thousands of people a day.
You will report to our CTO and co-founder (Tony Stoyanov, CS at the University of Cambridge).
Here are your core objectives:
- Build upon our core software platform that automates the leasing process and helps our customers operate their apartment communities more efficiently.
- Develop new features that increase value for our customers.
- Design services that effectively scale our data integrations with property management systems and communication tools.
- Propose meaningful improvements to our software architecture and design patterns.
- Learn and drive engineering best practices.
- Leverage automating testing and continuous integration / continuous delivery in order to rapidly iterate on our product.
Growth and impact.
You’ll be learning and shipping constantly.
You’ll be significantly changing how the housing industry works today with the ultimate goal of creating more housing opportunities.
It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a funded startup that’s scaling. Every single day you will be challenged to identify how we can scale and execute on it. You’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. Either way, the rest of the team will be here to support you. Collectively, we’ll be figuring out the path to serving millions of apartments.
We’re much more interested in someone who is hungry to learn and perform than someone whose resume checks all the boxes.
We’re looking for someone who
- Is excited to work hard at a fast-growing startup
- Cares about solving customer problems (not tech for tech’s sake)
- Values team collaboration (rather than working solo)
- Has 2+ years of work experience in software engineering
- Has 2+ years of Java experience
- Has 2+ years of SQL experience
Nice to haves include
- AWS experience
- Linux/Unix experience
- React experience
- Comfortable with agile software development
- Best practices like CI/CD, TDD, pair programming
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at MeetElise, we also want to make sure that you’re set up for success and financially compensated for your contributions.
- Stock options
- Competitive salary
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Flexible working hours - we look at output, not hours.
We'll cover $5,000 of relocation from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.