MeetElise is on a mission to revolutionize the housing industry, with the ultimate goal of making good housing more accessible.
We use machine learning and natural language processing to create a realistic conversational experience for renters.
Our AI leasing agent named Elise converts 65% more prospective renters to residents than a human leasing agent. She answers questions and schedules tours 24/7 and is so human-like that renters say they’re “here to meet Elise” when they show up for a tour.
Our customers already include some of the largest apartment management companies in the U.S.
MeetElise has raised $9M from venture capitalists, strategic real estate investors, and customers.
About the role
You’ll co-lead a team of dozens of Operations Analysts who form the backbone of our 24/7 data tagging and quality assurance activities that make our AI possible.
You’ll work closely with our Operations Manager (Chloe Litchfield) to achieve these core objectives:
Create a great experience for every member of our team.
- Build strong relationships with our team based across the U.S. and around the world.
- Identify what our team needs to thrive through these relationships, as well as surveys, 1 on 1s, and leading weekly meetings. Then make it happen.
- Co-lead and improve our interview, onboarding, scheduling, and on-going training processes.
Increase our team’s data tagging accuracy and efficiency.
- Gain a deep understanding of our state-of-the-art data tagging software.
- Work with our team to prioritize bugs (dig deep into our technical system) and new features. Then communicate detailed specifications to our software engineering team to make things better.
- Measure and improve our team’s accuracy and efficiency through consistent feedback and disseminating best practices.
Ensure that every prospective renter has the optimal experience with Elise.
- Design and lead detailed audits of the conversations Elise is having with prospective renters for areas of improvement.
- Analyze Elise’s conversations to help design the optimal prospective renter conversation: the questions we should ask, the answers we should provide, the specific touchpoints we should have, etc.
We’re much more interested in someone who is hungry to learn and can get the job done rather than someone whose resume checks all the boxes.
- Washington, D.C. (preferred)
- New York City
We’re looking for someone who
- Is a people person and is excited about creating a great team culture
- Can create processes from the ground up and independently solve problems
- Can handle ambiguity and ruthlessly prioritize
- Is excited to join a small team and pitch in wherever and whenever needed
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- 1+ years of management and employee training experience
- Experience working with spreadsheets and data (Excel, SQL)
- Technical support or software troubleshooting experience
- Bachelor's degree
Nice to haves include
- Experience in B2B startups.
- Experience managing a remote team or call center team.
Growth and impact.
It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a funded startup that’s scaling. That means that instead of following a playbook, you’ll be writing it. Every single day you will be challenged to identify how we can scale and execute on it. You’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. Either way, the rest of the team will be here to support you. Collectively, we’ll be figuring out the path to serving millions of apartments.
While you’ll be personally growing, you’ll also have an enormous impact on MeetElise and the housing industry. As part of the Operations team, you’ll be integral to building our AI and empowering our team to change the prospective renter experience.