MeetElise is on a mission to revolutionize the housing industry, with the ultimate goal of making good housing more accessible.
We use machine learning and natural language processing to create a realistic conversational experience for renters.
Our AI leasing agent named Elise converts 65% more prospective renters to residents than a human leasing agent. She answers questions and schedules tours 24/7 and is so human-like that renters say they’re “here to meet Elise” when they show up for a tour.
Our customers already include some of the largest apartment management companies in the U.S.
MeetElise is a residential housing tech startup and is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors and customers. We have just closed a Series A round, with $9M in total funding for the company.
Technical founders from MIT and the University of Cambridge.
About the role
MeetElise is growing quickly and you’ll be building out the infrastructure for 24/7 service for our first million apartments and beyond.
You’ll be supported by our VP of Engineering - Gyorgy Denes, PhD in Computer Science from the University of Cambridge.
What you'll do
- Build upon our core software platform that automates the leasing process and helps our customers operate their apartment communities more efficiently.
- Develop new features that increase value for our customers.
- Design services that effectively scale our data integrations with property management systems and communication tools.
- Propose meaningful improvements to our software architecture and design patterns.
- Learn and drive engineering best practices.
- Leverage automating testing and continuous integration / continuous delivery in order to rapidly iterate on our product.
We’re looking for someone who
- Is hungry to work hard and learn quickly at a fast-growing startup
- Has 5+ years of professional experience writing, delivering, supporting, and debugging production software
- Demonstrates knowledge of Java
- Has experience with SQL databases
- Has solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design, problem solving)
- Accepts feedback, internalizes it and take the appropriate steps to move forward and take action
- Is able to deal with ambiguity and communicate well with partner teams
Nice to haves include
- Full-stack understanding
- Linux/Unix experience
Growth and impact.
You’ll be learning and shipping constantly.
You’ll be significantly changing how the housing industry works today with the ultimate goal of creating more housing opportunities.
It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a funded startup that’s scaling. Every single day you will be challenged to identify how we can scale and execute on it. You’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. Either way, the rest of the team will be here to support you. Collectively, we’ll be figuring out the path to serving millions of apartments.
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at MeetElise, we also want to make sure that you’re set up for success and financially compensated for your contributions.
- Stock options
- Competitive salary
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Flexible working hours - we look at output, not hours.
We'll cover $5,000 of relocation from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.