At Medrio we are not shy about being a hyper-growth global company that strives to advance healthier lives through clinical trial technology.
We are now seeking an experienced Director of Brand & Marketing Communications to our fast-paced integrated Marketing team and accelerate our focus on building awareness of Medrio’s mission, values, and breadth and depth of capabilities.
The Director of Brand & Marketing Communications leads Medrio’s brand marketing initiatives, delivering strategic messaging frameworks and compelling communications across a diverse mix of earned and owned channels including public relations, speaking opportunities, webinars, podcasts, social media, customer newsletters, and more.
This role will balance hands-on execution with building and leading a cohesive team of internal and external creative resources and ensuring the efficient production of high volumes of high-quality marketing content and assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and lead a cohesive team of internal and external creative resources in the development of high-quality, on-brand marketing content and communications tailored to diverse audiences
- Lead the development of Medrio’s brand strategy and messaging pillars and drive the brand activation through an integrated marketing communications plan with defined tactics, timelines, and measurement frameworks
- Lead the development of external communications strategies and supporting plans to elevate company/brand awareness
- Drive Medrio’s global PR strategy, securing proactive trade and industry media coverage that highlights Medrio’s differentiation and profiles examples of customer success
- Grow Medrio’s thought leadership presence with relevant audiences, in coordination with the executive team, cross-functional subject matter experts, and industry associations, influencers, and publications
- Partner with HR leadership to continuously develop and strengthen our employer brand
- Set the tone for creative and compelling storytelling and demonstrate through actions (e.g. materials development) how to translate our strategy, products and services into messages that resonate with the intended audiences
- Plan and manage the budget for all marketing communication initiatives, continually tracking ROI and making recommendations to drive customer engagement, increase brand reputation, and grow revenue
- Drive a standard of excellence throughout the Marketing team, ensure all teammates (including yourself) have a deep understanding of our business, that each plan and initiative is tied to a company or business line objective and that each initiative has a clear rationale and associated metrics
Customers or Clients:
- Internal Departments - primarily Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Human Resources, and Executive Leadership
- Third-party vendors - SEO/SEM and website development agencies
- Public relations agencies
- Industry association and thought leader partners
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Marketing, PR, Communications, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of content/communications experience in B2B marketing
- 5+ years direct management experience
- Travel required up to 10% with ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Required to hear and dial phone
- Required to participate in frequent meetings using virtual technology like Google Meets or Zoom
- Extensive periods of time sitting
Other Skills and Abilities:
- A strong portfolio and a proven track record of delivering high-quality content at scale in the healthcare technology industry
- Expertise in complex messaging hierarchies that translate across traditional and digital platforms, channels, verticals, and segments and drive business forward
- A self-starter with strong organization skills who is comfortable with defining goals, success factors, and key metrics for programs, and delivering against them in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- A strong, clear, simple and compelling communicator (verbal and written)
- Ability to motivate, mentor and manage an interdisciplinary team
- Highly collaborative with the affinity to build relationships across teams, including vendors, business managers, and external partners
- Stage fright has got nothing on you - you’ve played a pivotal role in managing/hosting a live customer conference
- Healthcare/Life Sciences technology experience
- Journalist or newsroom background
Medrio's SaaS offering is a key component in the pipeline of getting lifesaving drugs to the people who need them. We automate the clinic trial process and offer significant advantages over the competition: 75% lower cost, setup in days rather than months, and much better ease of use. Founded in 2005 we are privately owned, profitable, and are currently experiencing geometric growth in terms of customers, revenue, and employees. We believe in wellness! Medrio covers the cost of employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, gym membership, and we promote an atmosphere of work/life balance, including flexible work schedules and unlimited PTO.
The Medrio team is made up of individuals with a wide array of skills and interests, but all have a passion for providing the best possible user experience for our customers. We are looking for smart, collaborative, creative, and conscientious people to help us expand our product capabilities and better serve our customers.
To see detailed information on the data we collect during the application process, and how Medrio complies with data privacy laws, visit our Careers page.