Medrio’s SaaS offering is a key component in the pipeline of getting lifesaving drugs to people who need them. We automate the clinical trial process and offer significant advantages over the competition, including 75% lower cost and quick, easy setup. Founded in 2005, Medrio is privately owned and currently experiencing geometric growth in terms of customers, revenue, and employees.
We are currently look for an experienced Director of Business Development to join our team!
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for rapidly responding to inquiries and leads, and generating new client business with prospective accounts operating in the assigned area where clinical operations, research and development, procurement/ out-sourcing, and other key teams drive decisions for the outsourcing of EDC and eSource for clinical trials. This role is expected to coordinate interaction with Medrio's customer-facing teams to drive revenue growth and stronger collaborative partnerships. Ideal candidates should have experience selling to the C suite level, clinical operations, outsourcing, and data management. They should be able to demonstrate skill with scientific solutions-based selling, clinical trial management knowledge, marketing resources, and leveraging and negotiating the value proposition, which may include innovative contract strategy and rebating. The BD is expected to be a subject matter expert in the clinical trials market landscape, and have a strong working knowledge of our customers and competitors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Achieving the sales revenue goals established for the area of coverage under their responsibility.
- Entering and updating all prospective client activity information (to include: appointments, email communications, opportunities, and other relevant activities) into the Medrio standard CRM tool (Salesforce.com) on a frequent and consistent basis (daily).
- Coordinating and managing the development and delivery of proposals delivered to targeted accounts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with accounts including C suite, executive, and mid-level decision makers to ensure optimal ROI on time and expenses invested (including a high level of executive presence).
- Ability to implement a superior level of written and verbal communication skills including; emails, PowerPoint presentations, and Excel capabilities that can be directly communicated to the targeted client contacts and senior leaders at Medrio.
- Effective use of persuasion and influence in communication skills, and a high EQ.
- Ability to demonstrate conflict management in all situations.
- Demonstrated high degree of financial acumen - ability to create and leverage internal and customer perspective financial analyses to achieve profitable access.
- Global contracting skills start to finish demonstrating corporate financial stewardship.
- Effective utilization of negotiation theories and principles to achieve a profitable outcome.
- Contract strategy development and decision making. Ability to track the ROI on all contracts and contract optimization.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the Clinical Trials market landscape, customers, regulatory requirements and trends. Effectively communicate this knowledge to all Medrio departments and cross functional teams.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in establishing solid working relationships with AMs, BDs, CSMs, SEs, SDRs and other key departments to ensure adoption and execution of overall strategic plan and exceeding sales targets.
- Ability to use advanced business acumen. The ability to use an explicit or, implicit business framework to link the objectives of key stakeholders, the competitive strategies required for success, the people and activities needed to deliver intended results, and the business processes that support Medrio’s growth strategy.
- Ability to develop advanced business planning for targeted prospective accounts including; strategy, sophisticated market analysis, customer insights, and execution.
- Ability to lead and manage change within the organization.
- Demonstrated executive presence at the C suite.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/ life sciences market segment.
- Strong business skills including proven analytical, negotiation and reimbursement acumen.
- MS Office, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Established competencies to include: Action Oriented, Business Acumen, Clinical Knowledge, Drive for Results, Influence, Interpersonal Skills, Managerial Courage; Negotiation, Problem Solving, Strategic Agility; Executive Presence.
At Medrio, we look for smart, capable, and conscientious people to help us expand our product capabilities and better serve our customers. Our employees love working for us because they get to develop, market, and sell a product that advances human health, and they enjoy many perks, including
- An awesome, colorful HQ in downtown San Francisco with ping-pong, video games, and a kitchen full of healthy snacks.
- Great benefits: We offer medical, dental, vision, and life/LTD insurance, and we cover 100% of our employees’ health insurance premiums and 50% of dependent premiums.
- Wellness: Medrio values our staff’s well-being. To prove it, we promote an atmosphere of work/life balance, including flexible work schedules and locations.
- Weekly company-wide standup.
The Medrio team is made up of individuals with a wide array of skills, interests, and backgrounds but all have a passion for providing the best possible user experience for our customers. We value diversity, collaboration, ingenuity and creating a culture of excellence!
To see detailed information on the data we collect during the application process, and how Medrio complies with data privacy laws, visit our Careers page.