At Medrio, our purpose is to save lives by providing clinical researchers with the software tools necessary to chase the next breakthrough in public health. Our success is defined by our customers’ ability to accelerate their research, eliminate hurdles, and maximize their return on investment. We’re committed to supporting our customers along their journey of medical discovery.
Medrio’s Marketing team is growing and we’re looking for an energetic Product Marketing Manager who is passionate about helping others learn how healthcare technology has the power to advance healthier lives. This position is somewhat like a match maker in that you will play a vital role in marrying the challenges customers face and the benefits of our products and services to develop insights that help buyers understand why they need our solutions.
In this highly collaborative role, you will partner with a variety of teams across the organization to keep tabs on new product and service offerings in the works and important industry trends. You will leverage this knowledge to own go-to-market and product launch planning and execution, including the creation of messaging and content to support market awareness, demand generation, pipeline development and sales enablement. As the customer-facing subject matter expert for our solutions, you will be responsible for understanding the unique needs and buying criteria of customers, developing marketing and sales enablement assets, and supporting prospect education and lead generation/nurture programs.
If you are someone who gets giddy over new technology, has a burning desire to solve problems and can speak both creative and techie jargon, then this might be the right position for you.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Marketing.
Positioning & Messaging
- Research and synthesize industry, market, persona and buyer pain into consumable and actionable messaging
- Develop and maintain positioning and value statements that helps establish the need for Medrio’s products in our target markets and differentiate it against the competition
- Work across boundaries and communicate with all areas of the company to clarify the product positioning, key benefits, and target buyer as it relates to the overall Medrio brand
- Drive the creation of solution-specific marketing collateral and related thought leadership assets, such as white papers and infographics
- Coordinate the brainstorming and selection process for new product names
Launch Plans and Sales Enablement
- Lead product releases and launch process – develop a comprehensive plan for customer and market launches of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Align closely with members of Product Management to facilitate the appropriate flow of information between the teams
- Develop, enhance, and own distribution of public-facing product launch marketing materials
- Collaborate with Professional Services to launch and market service offerings
- Communicate the value proposition of the solutions to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of our solutions, including messaging guides and objection handling tips
- Coordinate with Product Management and Sales leaders to develop sales enablement plans and conduct training sessions
- As a resident expert of Medrio products, collaborate with marketing colleagues to develop strategies for nurturing customers and building loyalty that will lead to upsell opportunities and deeper penetration within the existing customer base
- Cultivate relationships with technology partners to deliver plans, assets, and sales tools for joint marketing initiatives
- Work closely with marketing programs, brand management, and digital marketing colleagues to ensure that appropriate product themes and messages are communicated to the market
Market Intelligence and Research
- Conduct market and customer research to position appropriately for the target segment/buyer
- Assimilate competitive intelligence from internal and external sources and own updates to battlecards
- Share knowledge of the competitive landscape with and recommend ideas to Product Management to address needs and fill gaps in the marketplace
- Continually seek feedback from sales and customers to ensure the marketing materials are causing the desired outcome
- Be the expert on our customers - how/why they buy and their buying criteria, regulatory considerations, etc., with particular focus on different segment demands
- Serve as a thought leadership resource, including public speaking, webinars, and events
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or Related Health Care Field preferred
- 5+ years of product marketing experience
- 5+ years of healthcare technology experience
- Experience in the life sciences industry preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), web applications (Marketo, Salesforce, Google Drive), and social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Extremely driven individual that is able to successfully execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, communications, decision making, and organization skills
- Ability to interface in a professional manner with cross-functional team and vendors to achieve agreed-to objectives and maximize results while staying within budget
- Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities and balance customer needs with business priorities
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, from writing collateral and white papers to presentations that deliver business concepts and moderately technical concepts to a diverse audience-base
- Familiarity with the technology sales cycle and how to employ marketing launch strategies to nurture leads, drive adoption, and accelerate growth
- Ability to travel up to 20%, including some international travel
- One of your superpowers is the ability to communicate complex ideas simply and creatively
- A “roll up the sleeves” attitude with the intense drive to “make things happen"
- Pragmatic Marketing, Sales methodology or project management certifications
Curiosity runs through your veins – you can’t help but ask why, how and what if
At Medrio, we look for smart, capable, and conscientious people to help us expand our product capabilities and better serve our customers. Our employees love working for us because they get to develop, market, and sell a product that advances human health, and they enjoy many perks, including
- An awesome, colorful HQ in downtown San Francisco with ping-pong, video games, and a kitchen full of healthy snacks.
- Great benefits: We offer medical, dental, vision, and life/LTD insurance, and we cover 100% of our employees’ health insurance premiums and 50% of dependent premiums.
- Wellness: Medrio values our staff’s well-being. To prove it, we promote an atmosphere of work/life balance, including flexible work schedules and locations.
- Weekly company-wide standup.
The Medrio team is made up of individuals with a wide array of skills, interests, and backgrounds but all have a passion for providing the best possible user experience for our customers. We value diversity, collaboration, ingenuity and creating a culture of excellence!
To see detailed information on the data we collect during the application process, and how Medrio complies with data privacy laws, visit our Careers page.