At Medrio, our purpose is to save lives by providing clinical researchers with the software tools necessary to chase the next breakthrough in public health. Our success is defined by our customers’ ability to accelerate their research, eliminate hurdles, and maximize their return on investment. We’re committed to supporting our customers along their journey of medical discovery.
Medrio’s Marketing team is growing and we’re looking for an energetic Product Marketing Manager who is passionate about the power healthcare technology has to advance healthier lives. This position is like a match maker in that you will play a vital role in marrying the challenges customers face and the benefits of our products and services to develop insights that help buyers understand why they need our solutions.
In this highly collaborative role, you will partner with a variety of cross-functional teams to keep tabs on new product and service offerings and important industry trends. You will leverage this knowledge to own go-to-market and product launch planning and execution, including the creation of messaging and content to support market awareness, demand generation, pipeline development and sales enablement. As the customer-facing subject matter expert for our portfolio, you will be responsible for understanding the unique needs and buying criteria of customers, developing marketing and sales enablement assets, and supporting lead generation/nurture programs.
If you are someone who gets giddy over new technology, has a burning desire to solve problems and can speak both creative and techie jargon, then read on.
Positioning & Messaging
- Research and synthesize industry, market, persona and buyer pain into consumable and actionable messaging
- Develop and maintain positioning and value statements that helps establish the need for Medrio’s products in our target markets and differentiate it against the competition
- Drive the creation of solution-specific marketing collateral and related thought leadership assets
- Coordinate the brainstorming and selection process for new product names
Launch Plans and Sales Enablement
- Lead product releases and launch process – develop a comprehensive plan for customer and market launches and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Align closely with members of Product Management to facilitate the appropriate flow of information between the teams
- Develop, enhance, and own distribution of public-facing product launch marketing materials
- Coordinate with Product Management and Sales leaders to develop sales enablement plans and conduct training sessions
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues to develop strategies for nurturing customers and building loyalty that will lead to upsell opportunities and deeper penetration within the existing customer base
- Cultivate relationships with technology partners to deliver plans, assets, and sales tools for joint marketing initiatives
- Work closely with marketing programs, brand management, and digital marketing colleagues to ensure that appropriate product themes and messages are communicated to the market
Market Intelligence and Research
- Conduct market and customer research to position appropriately for the target segment/buyer
- Assimilate competitive intelligence from internal and external sources and own updates to battlecards
- Be the expert on our customers - how/why they buy, their buying criteria, regulatory considerations, etc., with particular focus on different segment demands
- Serve as a thought leadership resource, including public speaking, webinars, and events
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of product marketing experience
- 5+ years of healthcare technology experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), web applications (Marketo, Salesforce, Google Drive), and social media platforms
- Familiarity with the technology sales cycle and how to employ marketing launch strategies to nurture leads, drive adoption, and accelerate growth
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, decision making, and organization skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, from writing collateral and white papers to presentations that deliver business concepts and moderate technical concepts to a diverse audience-base
- Ability to travel up to 20%, including some international travel (when it becomes safe to do so again)
- One of your superpowers is the ability to communicate complex ideas simply and creatively
- A “roll up the sleeves” attitude with the intense drive to “make things happen"
- Pragmatic Marketing, Sales methodology or project management certifications
At Medrio, we hire smart, capable, and conscientious people to help us expand our solutions and better serve our customers. Our employees love working for us because they get to develop, market, and sell solutions and services that advances human health, and they enjoy many perks, including:
- An awesome, colorful HQ in downtown San Francisco with ping pong, video games, and a kitchen full of healthy snacks.
- Two convenient Bay Area locations that are close to BART (San Francisco & Pleasanton).
- Unlimited vacation and a generous sick time off policy.
- Employee events that range from baseball to bowling to happy hour.
- Weekly company-wide, beer friendly standup.
- Wellness: Medrio covers the cost of employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, gym membership, and we promote an atmosphere of work/life balance, including flexible work schedules that may include some work from home time.
The Medrio team is made up of individuals with a wide array of skills and interests, but all have a passion for providing the best possible user experience for our customers. We value collaboration, ingenuity and creating a culture of excellence!
To see detailed information on the data we collect during the application process, and how Medrio complies with data privacy laws, visit our Careers page.