Location: San Francisco or remote (US)
Industry: Healthcare Technology, SaaS, Life Sciences, Biotech
Seniority Level: Associate
Job Functions: Marketing, Event Management
At Medrio, our purpose is to save lives by providing clinical researchers with the software tools necessary to chase the next breakthrough in public health. Our success is defined by our customers’ ability to accelerate their research, eliminate hurdles, and maximize their return on investment. We’re committed to supporting our customers (primarily sponsors and CROs in early phase pharma, medical device, and diagnostic clinical research) along their journey of medical discovery.
We are seeking an experienced Marketing Specialist who leads with a customer-first mindset to drive the development of our loyalty and event programs. Partnering with Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales team members, the Sr. Marketing Specialist of Loyalty and Events will play a critical role in building event-based, seasonal, and always-on marketing programs that drive engagement, conversion, and retention.
To thrive in this position, you will be an agile juggler who craves variety in your day-to-day work and are eternally curious about the customer journey. You will play the roles of event planner and brand ambassador to influence and enhance our customers’ end-to-end experience.
As our lead Medrio cheerleader, you will be responsible for defining and developing a unique loyalty program that cultivates brand ambassadors and customer champions. You will also own the online customer community, creating and executing the plan to deliver value beyond our core product portfolio and drive deeper engagement with customers.
As an event planner, you will be focused on growing our brand, sharing our story, and giving the company a face within the communities we serve. We are looking for someone who has a passion to transform attendee and event experiences – never settling for status quo but instead challenges the team to plan events that are more engaging than the last. In tandem with the Marketing team, this person is responsible for coordinating the entire process from planning to execution to measuring results.
This role reports to the Marketing Communications and Content Manager.
- Design and optimize our brand loyalty program to drive customer engagement
- Create opportunities to engage with and build new brand ambassadors
- Collaborate with representatives from other departments to develop strategy and tactics for creating deeper engagement in our online customer community
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success teams, as well as external partners, to test, learn and optimize loyalty promotions and communications
- Identify client champions and drive creation of marketing materials that highlight customer success stories, including case studies, video testimonials, speaking engagements, and webinars
- Build a wildly successful customer referral program via multiple channels
- Manage the loyalty program communication plan, including the roll out of new program benefits
- Own the development, execution, and reporting of meaningful loyalty marketing campaigns that drive growth for the brand
- Develop and execute strategies that strengthen customer lifetime value, enhance the customer journey, and provide significant opportunities for marketing and engagement through our online community and loyalty program
- Assist the Communications and Content Manager and Field Marketing Manager in developing a purposeful event strategy and delivering reports that quantify ROI
- Coordinate the planning and execution efforts from conception to completion for industry events, ensuring projects are on time and within budget
- Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to promote events, drive attendance, and ensure proper follow up with key leads and contacts
- Build event communications working in various marketing software platforms and educate internal stakeholders on the strategy for promoting each event
- Act as main point of contact for event facility/host and vendors
- Introduce new ideas that will make our event presence fun and memorable, ultimately boosting our brand reputation
- Research and identify conferences for speaking and sponsorship opportunities
- Research, order, and manage inventory of promotional materials and swag for events and sales support
- Continually assess program KPIs and report results to management, including retention, lead, and opportunity outcomes
- Play an integral role in managing Medrio's annual customer conference, including:
- Coordinating with cross functional teams to develop the conference agenda with compelling content
- Recruiting and coaching Medrio customers/champions to present their experiences at the conference
- Contributing ideas for sponsorship opportunities and assist in securing sponsors
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Event Management, or similar field
- Able to embody the Medrio voice and personality (“talk the talk”)
- Hyper-organized with a strong attention to detail
- Has a relentless focus on the customer, understanding what the customer wants and how best to deliver the experience
- Experience leveraging consumer insights to drive loyalty and promotions strategy
- Enjoys working both independently and as part of a highly collaborative team
- Has spearheaded the entire event cycle from driving sponsorship to full execution of an event
- Service-oriented personality
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and automation platforms (Marketo, Salesforce, etc.)
- Able to travel (up to 20%)
- Has a knack for creating FOMO surrounding events
- Addicted to thinking of new ideas and trying new things
- Love to travel
At Medrio, we hire smart, capable, and conscientious people to help us expand our product capabilities and better serve our customers. Our employees love working for us because they get to develop, market, and sell a product that advances human health, and they enjoy many perks, including:
- An awesome, colorful HQ in downtown San Francisco with ping pong, video games, and a kitchen full of healthy snacks.
- Two convenient Bay Area locations that are close to BART (San Francisco & Pleasanton).
- Unlimited vacation and a generous sick time off policy.
- Employee events that range from baseball to bowling to happy hour.
- Weekly company-wide, beer friendly standup.
- Wellness: Medrio covers the cost of employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, gym membership, and we promote an atmosphere of work/life balance, including flexible work schedules that may include some work from home time.
The Medrio team is made up of individuals with a wide array of skills and interests, but all have a passion for providing the best possible user experience for our customers. We value collaboration, ingenuity and creating a culture of excellence!