Location: San Francisco or remote (US)
Industry: Healthcare Technology, SaaS, Life Sciences, Biotech
Seniority Level: Mid Level
Job Functions: Marketing, Writing/Editing, Public Relations
At Medrio, our purpose is to save lives by providing clinical researchers with the software tools necessary to chase the next breakthrough in public health. Our success is defined by our customers’ ability to accelerate their research, eliminate hurdles, and maximize their return on investment. We’re committed to supporting our customers (primarily sponsors and CROs in early phase pharma, medical device, and diagnostic clinical research) along their journey of medical discovery.
Medrio’s Marketing team is growing and we’re looking for an energetic Field Marketing Manager who is passionate about building effective demand and lead generation programs. This position plays a vital role in collaborating with Marketing colleagues and cross-functional teams (such as Sales, Product Management, and Customer Success) to create and manage B2B marketing programs to generate awareness, bring in new leads, drive revenue, and improve retention.
In this highly visible role, the ideal candidate will exercise creative thinking in partnering with Sales and Marketing leadership to continuously improve the marketing program strategy and execution – navigating the balance between creativity and bottom-line focus. The Field Marketing Manager will drive the detailed execution, measurement, and evaluation of marketing programs for targeted regions. There will be a great deal of close planning and alignment with Sales to ensure programs are leveraged in the field and that messaging is consistent.
We are looking for an avid learner, driven to try new ideas and continually improve – a connoisseur of lead generation best practices and the buyer journey – someone who is always looking ahead and obsessed with uncovering new ways to improve the conversion rate through the marketing funnel and sales cycle. Experience in evaluating the effectiveness of marketing programs on key metrics (ROI, customer acquisition, retention, etc.) is critical to succeeding in this position.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Marketing.
Campaign Development and Management
- Develop integrated marketing programs that support the acquisition of new customers and retention of existing customers
- Construct and execute regional marketing plans, including targeted campaigns, field events, trade shows, executive programs, industry associations, and other strategic initiatives that create and accelerate sales opportunities and build executive relationships
- Lead all aspects of regional field marketing events, including coordinating content development, messaging, logistics, budgeting, vendor management, and work with Sales leadership to align and drive strategy around the program or event
- Continuously monitor campaign activity and results and make proactive course-corrections to ensure that all initiatives are performing to expectations
- Continually test and innovate on ways to reach our desired prospect audience and key target accounts with compelling stories through a variety of channels
- Develop an account-based marketing strategy that identifies target accounts in priority verticals and aligns content and marketing campaigns/programs to support customer account growth
- Build and execute marketing campaigns in Marketo from start to finish, including list segmentation and email creation
- Develop a deep understanding of the Medrio portfolio of products and services and act as a primary marketing contact with the Sales team, including regular participation in sales team meetings and territory planning sessions
- Communicate regularly with the Sales and Customer Success teams to share updates on upcoming campaigns, status of current campaigns, and results of completed campaigns
- Measure success by reporting on leads generated, contribution to sales pipeline, and revenue growth attributed to field marketing events and programs
- Collaborate cross-functionally to manage the process of creating compelling marketing campaign content, including white papers, presentations, digital assets, infographics, and case studies
- Partner with Marketing colleagues to create case studies and secure testimonials
- Ensure corporate marketing priorities, messages, and use cases are showcased in regional programs and events
- Develop strategies to drive demand and pipeline with regional events, primarily focused on key territories
- Collaborate with Marketing colleagues and Sales to manage regional event participation, priorities and plans
- Attend trade shows and augment booth staffing as required
- Take initiative to engage with industry experts, associations, partners and healthcare providers to continually expand knowledge of HIT changes and trends
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Languages, or similar field
- Experience defining, tracking, and reporting on program metrics
- Comfortable interacting with sales leadership and high-level executives
- Experience with budget management and event planning
- Hyper-organized with a strong attention to detail
- Proven track record of creating and executing integrated marketing campaigns using tactics that include live events, webinars, digital advertising, and social networking
- Familiarity with the technology sales cycle and how to employ marketing communication strategies to nurture leads, drive adoption, and accelerate growth
- Able to combine soft skills with strong critical thinking to scrutinize results, determine root causes, and make timely, educated recommendations for maximizing results
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), web applications (Wordpress, Marketo, Salesforce, Google Drive, etc.), and social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Ability to travel up to 20%, including some international travel
- A Marketo guru
- Speaking experience
- Curiosity runs through your veins – you can’t help but ask why, how and what if
- A people person – you can’t get through a day without human interaction
At Medrio, we hire smart, capable, and conscientious people to help us expand our product capabilities and better serve our customers. Our employees love working for us because they get to develop, market, and sell a product that advances human health, and they enjoy many perks, including:
- An awesome, colorful HQ in downtown San Francisco with ping pong, video games, and a kitchen full of healthy snacks.
- Two convenient Bay Area locations that are close to BART (San Francisco & Pleasanton).
- Unlimited vacation and a generous sick time off policy.
- Employee events that range from baseball to bowling to happy hour.
- Weekly company-wide, beer friendly standup.
- Wellness: Medrio covers the cost of employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, gym membership, and we promote an atmosphere of work/life balance, including flexible work schedules that may include some work from home time.
The Medrio team is made up of individuals with a wide array of skills and interests, but all have a passion for providing the best possible user experience for our customers. We value collaboration, ingenuity and creating a culture of excellence!