At Medrio, our purpose is to save 500,000 lives by providing clinical researchers with the software tools necessary to chase the next breakthrough in public health. Our success is defined by our customers’ ability to accelerate their research, eliminate hurdles, and maximize their return on investment. We’re committed to supporting our customers (primarily sponsors and CROs in early phase pharma, medical device, and diagnostic clinical research) along their journey of medical discovery.
Medrio is looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to join our growing team. As a member of the IT team you will be responsible for ensuring employees have all the necessary tools to be productive. The mission of your role as a Desktop Support Engineer at Medrio is to take first level issues/requests, correctly triaging, categorizing, and prioritizing each, with excellent internal customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to and triage first level issues/requests received via telephone, voicemail, e-mail, and from employees and occasionally customers.
- Document user issues/requests in the incident management application.
- Escalate incidents in a proper and timely manner per procedure to facilitate resolution.
- Manage user and computer accounts within Active Directory.
- Follow-up with employees and customers to ensure satisfaction and productivity.
- Own incidents; some follow-up with second level to receive updates on their progress.
- Take over management of the hosted VoIP phone system, including all hunt group and call center functionality, for both corporate and remote sites.
- Handle onboarding/offboarding of employees, setting up accounts, imaging computers, software installations, asset inventory, and workstation configuration.
- Act as first level troubleshooter for all IT related issues, solving 60+ tickets per month.
- Automate imaging and deployment of computers, with different image types based on job functional role.
- Maintain a 90% customer satisfaction rating for help desk tickets.
Skills/Areas of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years of IT experience.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory operation and management.
- MS Outlook, Windows 10 support experience.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) support experience.
- The experience and ability to install application software, drivers, format hard disks, image machines, perform clean installs, and support file-sharing issues.
- Ability to differentiate between a client-side (desktop issue) versus a server-side issue.
- Must possess the ability to troubleshoot standard Microsoft Operating Systems and Office Suite.
- General understanding of standard IT terminology (e.g., TCP/IP, DHCP, FTP, router, switch, client, server, etc.).
- Must know what ping and trace route are and be able to release an IP address.
- Some remote access and VPN support experience.