Medrio’s SaaS offering is a key component in the pipeline of getting lifesaving drugs to people who need them. We automate the clinical trial process and offer significant advantages over the competition, including 75% lower cost and quick, easy setup. Founded in 2005, Medrio is privately owned and currently experiencing systematic growth in terms of customers, revenue, and employees.
We are looking for a Development Team Lead with a solid technical background at the senior developer level or above. This person will be part of an agile team with multiple scrum teams, working on a variety of SaaS products in the clinical trials field. The team lead role will require a high level of skill in the Microsoft .NET development stack, and experience providing technical leadership to a team of highly skilled senior software engineers.
- Technical coaching and mentorship to a team of 3-6 skilled engineers.
- Architectural design and review.
- Spikes and POCs.
- Code review.
- Customer issue troubleshooting.
- High level requirement review and estimation.
- Story grooming and estimation.
- Collaborative story writing.
- One-on-ones and periodic reviews with direct reports.
- Development team health metrics and tuning.
- SDLC process compliance and improvements.
- Collaboration with Test, Product and IT.
- 7+ years as a senior full stack developer or above.
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to lead and influence others.
- Passion for continued learning, including staying up to date with new technologies and methods.
- Ability and desire to work with complex product and code base, spanning legacy to cutting edge.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and strong presentation skills.
- Experience with the Agile Scrum environment.
- Highly self-motivated and accountable.
- Strong project management capabilities.
Medrio is a .NET shop with a variety of solutions including web applications, web services, mobile applications and others. Some solutions have been around for over ten years and some are brand new. Although candidates should be prepared to work with older codebases, they can expect to work with a development team that invests time and resources to keep up to date with the latest technology and is not afraid to adopt new technologies. Our developers have plenty of opportunity to learn and stay engaged, and are encouraged to attend company-sponsored courses and conferences. Medrio has multiple scrum teams located across San Francisco, Pleasanton, India, and Slovakia, and our Agile methodology is crafted for demands of our validated products.
Medrio’s products are complex with several thousand test cases tied to its infinite configurability. Be ready for the challenge of a steep learning curve. Developers write tests for all their code and never compromise on quality.
One of our core principles is ‘Average Sucks’. We look for highly skilled candidates who can joyfully deliver outstanding work and collaborate effectively with their team. If you are passionate about software development and ready for a challenge, come join us!
At Medrio, we look for smart, capable, and conscientious people to help us expand our product capabilities, grow our business, and better serve our customers. Our employees love working for us because they get to develop, market, and sell a product that advances human health, and they enjoy many perks, including:
- Two fun and colorful Bay Area offices, with ping-pong, video games, and plenty of healthy snacks.
- Our offices in SF and Pleasanton are conveniently located close to BART.
- Unlimited vacation and a generous sick time off policy.
- Employee events that range from baseball games to bowling to happy hour.
- Weekly company-wide standup where we connect over food and drinks.
- Medrio covers 100% of the cost of employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, life, and LTD/STD insurance (and we cover 50% for dependents). We also help cover the cost of your gym membership and promote an atmosphere of work/life balance, including flexible work schedules and WFH.
The Medrio team is made up of individuals with a wide array of skills and interests, but all have a passion for providing the best possible user experience for our customers. We value collaboration, ingenuity and creating a culture of excellence!