MedMen is a cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen at www.medmen.com
MedMen is seeking a Manager, Tax Compliance to join its Finance & Accounting team. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer during the times the position of Sr. Manager or Director of Tax Compliance & Strategy, or similar, is not filled, this employee will play a critical role in preparing and or managing all-aspects of income and non-income tax compliance, serve as main point of contact with internal and external personnel, works closely with Controller to ensure accurate tax reporting, and provide strategic support in the applicability of tax regulation impacting the cannabis industry.
- Responsible for the preparation of accurate and timely completion of all routine tax filings for both income and non income tax compliance across various jurisdictions.
- Prepares supporting schedules required for the preparation of the interim and annual tax provision. Works with external tax accountant in provision estimates.
- Maintains immaculate details of tax compliance records and documentation (filings, notices, etc.)
- Monthly and other routine financial compliance reports to regulators.
- Works collaboratively with Finance and other teams to achieve results.
- Creation/updates to tax manuals, policies, procedures, and processes for current practices.
- Works with Accounting to ensure tax accruals are submitted for recognition in the general ledger.
- Owns relationships with company’s external tax providers.
- Remains current in knowledge of tax and industry regulations.
- Owns forecasting of cash needs for tax compliance costs. .
- Stays abreast of corporate actions and changes to corporate to ensure timely tax compliance.
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
- Bachelor in Finance, Accounting or similar field.
- 2-4 years experience working in public accounting and or in industry
- Knowledge of Cannabis industry tax regulations, preferred
- Certified Public Accountant designation, preferred
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates as a remote home/office work environment.
- This position spends most of her/his time sitting or standing in an office
- Occasional need to work weekends, nights, or be on-call as a regular part of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; type; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws.