MedMen is a cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen at www.medmen.com
The Pharmacist ensures that our customers’ needs are met and exceeded delivering remarkable customer service and providing customers with exceptional product knowledge, efficient service and a friendly attitude. The Pharmacist works under the direction of the General Manager to supervise days operations and to ensure compliance with all NY regulations. Please note, this position is on-call only with no minimum weekly hours and is not eligible for benefits.Job Functions
- Dispense cannabis-based medications based on physician recommendations; detecting therapeutic incompatibilities.
- One on one patient consultations to determine the best therapy in conjunction with the recommending physician.
- Maintains inventory rotation and inventory control.
- Submit and review the state prescription monitoring program.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies;
- Complies with state laws as regulated by the state medical cannabis program, maintaining records; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the dispensary inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current pharmacist registration;
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies; Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
- Bachelor’s degree in the Pharmacy or PharmD. An active license in good standing without restrictions.
- Satisfactory completion of the NY State required 4-hour Medical Use of Marijuana CME designation.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Knowledge of marijuana strains, (indicas, sativas, hybrids), edibles, extracts, and current products on the market a huge plus.
- Dispensary-related experience a plus.
- Provide exemplary customer service and represent the business with pride.
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
This position will manage the daily activities, performance and compliance within the dispensary for assigned shifts in conjunction with the locations General Manager.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a part-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Flexible schedule is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
This position may require some travel between our NY facilities. (Subject to change.)
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Completion and successful passing of Background and Drug Screen. No relocation package available.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.