Job Title: Marketing and Social Media Intern
Reports to: Marketing Manager
MedMen is a cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen at www.medmen.com
Support the marketing team in planning, execution and reporting related to various marketing initiatives and projects.
- Assist with marketing calendar updates, including light project planning support for website.
- Assist with planning, daily management, and reporting on social media accounts, as well as social campaign ideation.
- Help find brand advocates, keep track of brand influencers and support influencer campaigns.
- Support tracking of press coverage, event projects, and sponsorships.
- Assist in research and planning support for email and loyalty campaigns.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to accomplish objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- Experience in a supportive marketing role – full-time or part-time minimum 1+ year
- Knows the latest social media trends across platforms, incl. Instagram, reddit, Twitter
- Experience planning content calendars for CRM campaigns
- Strong verbal communications skills and organizational skills
- Has a team player mentality and ability to work within a cross-functional workplace dynamic
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a remote WFH setting. SoCal-based candidates may attend occasional team meetings or store events.
20+ hours weekly commitment. Internship will last for 3 months with potential to grow to a full-time role.
Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Occasional weekends/holidays depending on company/industry needs and demands.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
No travel will be expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
No Hi-B sponsorship. Completion and successful passing of Background and Drug Screen. No relocation package available.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws.