MedMen is a cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen at www.medmen.com
The IPM Technician II works in conjunction with the Cultivation Manager participating in all Integrated Pest Management activities. Eliminates and controls undesirable insects and animals with some supervision. The applicator is versant in proper application methodology including calibration, application procedures and insect, arachnid and vertebrate identification. This role may specialize in one or more areas or processes in particular.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identifies insects, arthropods, vertebrates and other pests and create treatment plans based on physiology
- Measures area dimensions requiring treatment; calculates chemical requirements to address specific pest issues
- Operates and maintains equipment
- Stays current on practices and all local, state and federal codes and regulations related to IPM in agriculture
- Ensures timely submission of all required records
- Implements quality standards; conducts and documents follow-up inspections
- Attends required training to maintain commercial applicators license for Pest category
- Maintains effective written and oral communication with Cultivation Manager
- Follows standard operating procedures for assigned tasks and projects; follows all safety protocol
- Performs other duties as assigned
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Technical Capacity.
- Positive attitude all the time
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ field or greenhouse pest management experience OR an undergraduate degree in a related field.
- State Certified Applicator preferred. Must obtain a State Certified Applicator license in Pest category within 90 days.
- Ability to identify insects, arthropods, vertebrates and other pests and create treatment plans based on physiology.
- Experience working with horticulture/agricultural, processes and principles is preferred.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. through 3:30 p.m. (Hours are subject to change) The employee may be asked to work weekends as needed.
The employee will be expected to work inside in a controlled warehouse/greenhouse and growing atmosphere and must have suitable clothing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some examples are: lifting to 50lbs, some work with hands above head, bending over for an extended period, and working in tight, dusty, cold, hot, spaces, etc.
No travel is expected for this position but could be required from time to time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Must successful complete and pass background and drug screen, and live scan.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws.