MedMen is a cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen at www.medmen.com
The Director, Diversity & Inclusion will be responsible for leading the Company’s diversity and inclusion strategy. This role reports directly to the SVP, Employment and Legal Affairs, and works cross-functionally to identify priorities, further develop our D&I strategies, manage implementation of programs and policies, track progress, and advance a strong culture of inclusion and engagement that serves to advance a positive and inclusive experiences for our employees, customers, and community.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serves as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert on D&I efforts to enhance MedMen’s overall culture
- Evaluate D&I strategy and progress through a data driven approach; utilize data to help inform priorities and measure the effectiveness of programs and initiatives; conduct research and benchmarking analysis, including monitoring and reporting on D&I topics, to identify best practices, and make recommendations for strategies and solutions that support engagement.
- Researches, develops, recommends, and executes creative strategies to foster the organization’s cross-functional diversity and inclusion goals.
- Effectively communicate and present D&I strategy and initiatives to leadership and across the organization
- Collaborate with HR, Communications, Store Operations, Marketing and relevant stakeholders to produce regular internal communications that promote D&I initiatives, programming, events, and progress.
- Develop training programs to enhance the employee experience and educate employee and leaders
- Partner with Store Operations to support field diversity in our stores.
- Research potential opportunities to partner with local communities and support their diversity events and practices.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to create and implement best practices in recruiting, advancement, and volunteerism.
- Lead the implementation of social equity initiatives on behalf of the MedMen Foundation and develop the strategy and tactical implementation to ensure we achieve our commitments.
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, or a related field. MBA preferred.
- At least five years of Human Resources or related experience required with at least three years of driving measurable business outcomes through DEI solutions within an organization.
- Ability to handle sensitive and complex issues with discretion.
- Experience leading complex projects related to D&I in a highly regulated industry.
- Exceptional consulting, collaboration, communication and presenting skills, able to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proven dispute resolution skills.
- Thorough understanding of federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws and regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Good knowledge of labor and human rights legislation
- Leadership skills
- Creative, flexible, scrappy – able to pivot from big picture strategy to practical, scalable implementation in a start-up environment.
- Hands-on experience designing company policies in the D&I space
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work are Monday through Friday, however, this position can regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
No Hi-B sponsorship. Completion and successful passing of Background and Drug Screen.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws.