MedMen is a cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen at www.medmen.com
The Director, Stock Plan Administration will administer and manage all aspects of the company’s equity compensation plan and investor relations. Reporting to the CFO, the Director, Stock Plan Administration will work cross-functionally with Human Resources and Legal along with the Financial Reporting team to ensure timely and accurate equity compensation plan administration. In addition, the Director, Stock Plan Administration will lead and be responsible for strategic development and implementation of the investor relations business plan and coordinate investor relations functions directly with C-level management. This role will be a key contact for both investors and analysts and will be responsible for investor-oriented materials and summarizing analyst / investor feedback for senior leadership.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic plan for investor relations that helps ensure a sustainable, fair valuation of the company and understanding of the company’s strategy with both the sell-side and buy-side.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with key investors and analysts.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the business and understanding of Regulation Fair Disclosure requirements in order to prepare external responses by the IR department and senior management.
- Leads preparation and development of investor and corporate-orientated materials, including quarterly earnings releases, conference call scripts, fact sheets, corporate and IR website updates, investor presentations, Q&A, talking points and other associated materials.
- Monitor and summarize analyst models and notes to understand investment community expectations and key assumptions.
- Research and monitor competitor, regulatory, and broader external environment to understand potential impact.
- Manage the preparation of Investor Relations content for Board of Directors meetings.
- Administer the equity compensation plan, consisting primarily of restricted stock units and equity options, to ensure timely and accurate execution on a daily basis
- Provide a superior level of customer service to employees, executive management and others; support employee understanding of equity awards – assist with drafting periodic communications and employee equity manual with internal SOPs for cross-functional teams
- Prepare and process new awards, exercises, expirations, terminations, tax withholdings and other plan-related actions
- Review equity grants to ensure they are granted in accordance with Equity Plan documents
- Conduct analysis and prepare reports as requested by internal teams, including Executive Management and the Board of Directors
- Ensure SOX compliance with respect to reporting and documentation and maintain supporting documentation for internal and external auditors and respond accurately, thoroughly and timely to requests for data
- Work with HR, Legal, and Board Compensation Committee to modify as needed Equity Plan design, Award Agreements and calculate new Awards.
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred
- 4+ years of experience in stock plan administration for a publicly traded company
- Strong attention to detail and customer-focused approach
- Ability to organize and analyze financial data on a quick turnaround time, as well as compile and organize data from various sources
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and an ability to communicate effectively
- Advanced in Microsoft Office - Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of inside trading rules and proficient in Section 16 filings (Forms 3, 4 and 5)
- Experience with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation
- Superior interpersonal skills:
- Ease in working with people up and down the organization hierarchy.
- A demonstrated ability to interact with senior executives.
- Naturally adaptive to different audiences.
- Diplomatically assertive.
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation is a plus
- Strong familiarity and comfort level with financial markets and demonstrated ability in communicating financial information to various stakeholders.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work are Monday through Friday, however, this position can regularly require long hours and frequent weekend work.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
No Hi-B sponsorship. Completion and successful passing of Background and Drug Screen.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws.