MedMen is a cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen at www.medmen.com
We have an excellent opportunity for a Plant Manager who provides overall leadership and Supply Chain management for functions relating to our manufacturing facility. This includes Cultivation, Extraction, Finished Product Manufacturing, Distribution, QA, and Maintenance of the plant.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Leads and sets the strategic direction for the Plant team to include:
- Establishment of the Plant’s vision to assure consistency with the corporate vision and direction.
- Building a culture of employee engagement
- Developing plan to achieve the Plant’s goals
- Owns talent management for the plant including but not limited to employee development, employee performance reviews, and succession planning
- Meet the customer’s expectations by ensuring product availability meets the demands of customers
- Provides for effective labor relations within the operations unit by ensuring that employment practices are fair and consistent
- Build and own the plant financial budget for all operations, including variable and period budgets and meeting key performance indicators that are aligned with the business matrix at the Division level
- Leads and directs cost and operational improvement initiatives, including raw material yield and reliability, to ensure that the Plant is producing and shipping the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost
- Ensure all guidelines of Good Agricultural Practices, Good Manufacturing Practices, SQF, ISO Standards, and OSHA standards are in compliance
- Oversees and ensures compliance of all policies and procedures for the total facility including health, safety, sanitation, environmental processes, quality, and safety
- Partner and collaborate with corporate functions
- Leads, supports and embraces a Continuous Improvement culture.
- Ensure safety and efficiency of the facility. Able to lead root cause analysis investigations
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred or relevant manufacturing experience
- 5+ years’ plant operations management experience
- Required knowledge of accepted quality control procedures and guidelines
- Effective oral and written communication skills and expertise in the areas of human relations skills and team development within
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing projects from start to finish
- Leadership skills that exhibit integrity, ownership and a “can-do” attitude are a must
- Decision-making skills with an inherent ability to command, consult, gain consensus and effective delegation also required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Attention to Detail.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Business Acumen.
- Presentation Skills.
- Technical Capacity.
Oversees plant operations which involves quality, safety, maintenance, manufacturing, cultivations and their teams.
Work is performed primarily in an indoor environment. Exposure to dust, grease, odors, and cleaning agents; work hours include shift work to minimize disruption of daily operational activities.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability necessary for sufficient mobility to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time. Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist. Regularly push, pull, lift, and/or carry light to moderately heavy objects and occasionally objects over 50 pounds. Requires a sense of touch, finger dexterity, and gripping with hands and fingers. Ability to operate equipmentTravel Requirements
Little or no travel is expected for this position. However, travel is primarily local and during the business day. Travel for initial training purposes may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship. Must successful complete and pass background and drug screen, Live scan, and FBI fingerprint requirements.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws.