MedMen is a cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen at www.medmen.com
We are seeking an individual to safely maintain and operate CO2, butane, and solventless extraction equipment. This individual will also operate and maintain refining equipment in our production lab.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Contribute toward a sterile work environment to ensure OSHA and GMP compliance
- Monitor extraction and diligently record data
- Use a variety of laboratory equipment including (but not limited to): extraction and refining vessels, centrifuges, scales, induction burners, and presses
- Maintain product stability and consistency
- Have ability to shift work schedule in response to production needs
- Able to multitask while maintaining quality standards
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
Experience in cannabis extraction, in a laboratory, or a sterile environment. A desire to learn and contribute to the improvement of practices is preferred. An ability to draw conclusions based on data is preferred.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
- Laboratory environment
- This position spends much of the day standing and walking
- Exposures encountered
- This position works around and with hazardous materials and loud noise
- This position spends most time in a laboratory coat and gloves
- Essential physical requirements:
- Standing, stooping, typing, writing, handle tools and controls
- Physical effort/lifting: Medium (up to 50 pounds)
- Some nights and/or weekends may be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb step stools; talk or hear in a loud environment. The employee must occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws.