MedMen is North America’s leading cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen and The MedMen Foundation at www.medmen.com
As a Total Rewards Specialist, this role will be involved in the implementation and management of companywide HR and employee benefit programs including health and wellness, 401(k) and employee equity. This role is employee-centric and should thrive on providing excellent customer service to all MedMen employees. Additionally, this role will assist other HR team members and business leaders with ad-hoc reporting requests and job description creation and review, compensation market assessment, as needed.
- Responsible for oversight and escalation of company employee benefits and rewards programs.
- Gathers employee data and oversees the processing of all benefit billings and the preparation of invoices for payment of administrative fees for all group plans.
- Develops communication tools to enhance understanding of the company’s benefits package.
- Manages the leave management process and accommodation requests through TPA providers.
- Ensure benefits comply with current state/federal legislation
- Partner interdepartmentally to assist with the facilitation of employee stock and equity programs.
- Works with HR team to review and revise company job descriptions and conducts job analysis to determine appropriate salary level.
- Provides support to the HR team through ad-hoc report creations as requested
- Track prevailing salary trends and make sure we offer fair and competitive compensation plans compensation and benefits benchmarking data
- Identify trends and implement new practices to engage and motivate employees
- Other duties as assigned
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years experience administering benefits programs, including health insurance
- Demonstrated ability to partner and collaborate with HR peers and business stakeholders
- Advanced problem solving skills required to research, analyze and troubleshoot data, process and workflow issues and the initiative to take action and bring issues to the forefront.
- Advanced skills in using Word, Power Point and Access.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience with HRIS systems including Namely, Paragon, and Greenhouse
- Experience developing and delivering various compensation and benefit training
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred
- Benefits Certification preferred
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position spends most of her/his time sitting or standing in an office or remote work environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: Individuals seeking employment at MedMen are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.