MedMen is North America’s leading cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen and The MedMen Foundation at www.medmen.com
MedMen is looking for a copywriter to join the marketing team. This position will report into the Head of Creative and is based on Los Angeles.
MedMen is looking for a copywriter to join the marketing team.
- Write clear, concise and compelling copy that builds the brand through tone, style, story and content, for digital and print, including emails, SMS, site, store signage, social and product copy.
- Apply storytelling to each project with a 360 approach, ensuring messaging is consistent across all communication channels.
- Own projects from start to finish.
- Collaborate with art director to create appealing and easily digestible messaging across across emails, homepages and social media platforms.
- Work with marketing team to concept messaging for promotions, new launches, brand partnerships and other marketing endeavors.
- Work with product director to create consumer-facing copy that is on-brand, smart and easy to understand.
- Apply SEO principles to maximize reach to target audience and beyond.
- Update product descriptions and work on other ad hoc copy needs.
- Execute / rewrite post edit and layout reviews.
- Proofread all written copy for correct grammar and date messaging.
- Update the MedMen brand copy guidelines for consistency across all channels.
Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
- 2-3 years previous experience as a copywriter, preferably in consumer product goods / ad agency.
- A knowledge of pop culture and how to apply it to the language being used.
- Understanding of marketing and brand building / building a content strategy.
- A passion for storytelling within the cannabis industry as well as an eye for what the competitive landscape is and how to apply that knowledge.
- An understanding of when humor works and how to apply it to the MedMen brand.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently.
- Hands on experience with CMS (content management system).
- Working knowledge of Indesign and photoshop.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
This position has no supervisory responsibility however will work cross functionally.
- Environment includes office, in store, studios and outdoors.
- Essential physical requirements, such as climbing, standing, stooping, or typing.
- Possible weekends, nights, or on-call as needed to complete creative tasks
- Emergency staff designations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; stairs; talk or hear.
No travel is currently required until MedMen commences working from the office space.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: Individuals seeking employment at MedMen are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.