MedMen is North America’s leading cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen and The MedMen Foundation at www.medmen.com
The Retail General Manager is responsible for leading through MedMen’s mission, vision, and values in order to develop a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth. The Retail General Manager leads a team of assistant managers and is accountable for all aspects of managing a single retail store as well as all other projects and duties assigned.
This leader drives business through a Division of Responsibility focus on Hospitality (“showtime” sales training, product knowledge, loyalty and leadership development), People (talent acquisition, training and development) Product (visual presentation, product performance and promotions), and Operations (ingestion of product, policy and procedures, expense control, compliance, and loss prevention). This position requires a passion for process excellence, a drive for results, and the ability to lead and influence.
The Retail General Manager is responsible for overseeing the financial success of the store and has full P&L responsibility. The GM is responsible for responding to business needs and strategizing around business trends in order to drive profitable top line sales growth. The General Manager must also have experience in assessing, recruiting and screening talent.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Retail General Manager is a champion of MedMen’s mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned)
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
- Meet or exceed goals related to total store sales, profitability, and operational excellence.
- Forecast and adjust payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales & payroll goals, and complete workload.
- Build a team that embodies the MM brand by delivering exceptional service and driving customer loyalty, therefore, increasing return visits.
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including store visit and audit results.
- Identify under-performing metrics and develop strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business.
- Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent.
- Create and ensure a cohesive work environment.
- Place the right people in the right roles, specifically the management DOR program.
- Train, coach, and develop direct reports using company programs, tools, and resources.
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of associates.
- Model a culture of open communication by sharing enterprise strategy and corporate messaging to associates.
- Promote a culture of teamwork by working alongside the management team, establishing priorities, and providing clear direction.
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with MedMen policies, procedures, and standards.
- Use the company's scheduling tool as directed to schedule the right associates, in the right places, at the right times in order to provide an exceptional guest experience, reduce loss, and execute company directives.
- Use the company's task management tool as directed to prioritize the execution of store workload, ensuring full leadership adoption and compliance with company policy.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
- Support continuous improvement by implementing company programs and influencing end-users buy in.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- 5 years of managerial experience
- 4 years of experience in the retail industry customer-eccentric approach
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Strong leadership skills, ability to build and manage teams
- Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated ability to achieve individual selling goals and metrics
- Must have a dependable car or public transportation alternative
- Proven ability to drive sales results, able to analyze selling reports, identify business trends and react quickly to the needs of the business
- Comfort in making decisions and mediating conflict within a team environment
- Ability to address complex issues and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to identify top talent and train/develop/retain great people.
- Proficient in windows - based software such as Excel, Word and Outlook
This position manages all employees of each DOR department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional retail environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a full-time position. This position regularly requires a flex schedule, long hours, nights, weekend work and holiday availability.
Ability to bend, lift, open and move product and fixtures up to 50 lbs., as needed. Ability to climb step stools and ladders. Ability to stand/walk for long periods at a time. Possess manual dexterity and hand - eye coordination. Ability to travel to other store locations (if needed) and attend district meetings.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some store-to-store travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at MedMen are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.