MedMen is North America’s leading cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen and The MedMen Foundation at www.medmen.com
Maintain, adjust and repair plant machinery to meet industry standards while insuring compliance with all regulatory agencies including but not limited to USDA, OSHA, FDA, EPA, Local Government, independent auditors chosen by the company and the company’s own stated quality standards.
Perform the above tasks in accordance with a journeyman’s skill level.
- Maintain complete maintenance records and PM schedules for all equipment and facilities.
- Utilize CMMS system to create work orders, complete PM’s, find equipment, locate spare parts in inventory & log 80% of the work day hours.
- Recommend equipment modifications to improve the process, productivity and finished product quality.
- Analyze performance issues related to equipment, tear down inspect components and replace as needed
- Troubleshoot equipment to define root cause and repair in a timely manner, including PLC’s.
- Inspect circuit boards.
- Install and maintain electrical control systems and solid-state equipment.
- Modify electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations.
- Maintain spare parts inventory to minimize downtime and expense to the company.
- DMAIC, Design, measure, analyze, implement and control mechanical process improvements.
- Practice continuous improvement concepts in all aspects of equipment and facility maintenance.
- Locate critical spares in the market for those items not in inventory.
- Implement factory recommended equipment maintenance schedules and develop schedules for areas where none exist.
- Repair downed equipment in a fast-paced time critical environment.
- Train and Coach associates on technical and procedural duties.
- Other duties may be assigned.
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
- Education: Certificate from a college, technical school or trade school preferred; areas of study: industrial fabrication, industrial electrical, machining, building trades
- PLC knowledge (read and write abilities)
- Ability to read electrical diagrams
- Ability to read machine drawings
- Experience in using Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Advanced understanding of Fluid mechanics (hydraulics & pneumatics)
- Extensive experience in Mig and Tig welding (food grade welding knowledge a plus)
- Understanding of Boiler mechanics
- Extensive experience with precision tools such as micrometers, Vernier & dial calipers, dial indicators, levels, gauge blocks.
- Extensive experience with sheet metal fabrication
- Able to work effectively in the following environments: cold, hot, wet, high areas
This position requires training on Good Manufacturing Practices critical to the effective implementation of the Food Safety Plan and the maintenance of food safety, quality and process efficiency. Training is also required
on how to identify food safety issues such as temperature control, cross-contamination, sanitation and cleanliness of the lines, etc., critical to the effective implementation of the Food Safety Plan and the maintenance of food safety, quality and process efficiency.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally push or pull more than 100 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to walk. The associate frequently is required stand; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to talk or hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The associate is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Must successfully complete and pass background and drug screen, and live scan.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: Individuals seeking employment at MedMen are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.