MedMen is North America’s leading cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen and The MedMen Foundation at www.medmen.com
The Production Technician I is responsible for performing manufacturing work on different MedMen Manufacturing Product lines within the facility in a labor-intensive environment. The Production Technician I sets-up processes and equipment, assembles and packages finished goods, food and other consumable products with significant guidance and direction from the Production Supervisor. The Production Technician I is certified to operate, tend to/monitor, maintain and clean up to (4) processes, machines and/or equipment in the packaging area and one manufacturing area.
- Operates various manufacturing and processing lines in various Manufacturing Departments including:
- Manual to Semi-automatic manufacturing and packaging, wet and dry weigh & fill-line equipment, agitators, dispensers, liquid and solid encapsulation, compression, rolling, packaging and labeling to produce MedMen products including tinctures, lotions, capsules, vape pens and pre-rolls.
- Commercial kitchen equipment including mixers, ovens, double-boiler/fire mixers, confectionary heating/cooling tables and other bakery/chocolatier equipment to produce, package and label infused edibles.
- Maintain a safe work environment, actively contributing to continuous improvements.
- Perform weigh and dispense activities of finished product, active ingredient(s), raw materials and excipients.
- Document all manufacturing activities consistent with Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Perform manual manufacturing activities as required.
- Maintain manufacturing and facility spaces in a clean state.
- Maintain room and equipment logbooks.
- Observe, monitor & record temperature, pressure and other parameters on Manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Use of Company’s Mfg Resource Planning system, Metrc and/or other regulatory mandated databases.
- Communicate daily and effectively with the Manufacturing Manager, Supervisor and Technician peer group.
- Maintain personal training status and records consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical Thinking and Analysis
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of job responsibilities, including but not limited to good documentation practices, strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedure and Manufacturing Batch Record instructions, equipment and area hygiene and safety, cGMP gowning requirements adherence, release versus quarantine status of all manufacturing materials, general labeling requirements.
- Accurately and precisely operate laboratory scales and other simple but precision measurement devices.
- The ability to professionally represent MedMen in all personnel interactions including those associated with regulatory agency inspection and/or audits.
- The ability to perform all job functions in direct compliance with written instruction.
- The ability to quickly comprehend the set-up, operation, controls and trouble-shooting of equipment.
- Regular and on-time attendance is mandated and is an essential function of this position.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position on a 4x10 schedule, Monday - Thursday 5:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for dayshift and 3:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. for second shift. Overtime and weekend work is usually expected as business needs require.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer Individuals seeking employment at MedMen are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.