MedMen is North America’s leading cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen and The MedMen Foundation at www.medmen.com
MedMen is looking for a Staff iOS Engineer to join our growing Technology team. You will collaborate on a team of engineers to deliver the next generation of MedMen’s mobile technology products including distinctive iPhone and iPad applications. The ideal candidate will serve as a resource across new initiatives including our rewards program and delivery services. A successful candidate will be expected to independently make architecture decisions, optimize application code and advocate for state-of-the-art mobile development guidelines.
- Builds native iOS applications from the ground up using Swift in Xcode
- Extends native Apple frameworks and classes
- Maintains and modernizes existing iOS applications
- Implements pixel perfect designs with advanced animations
- Contributes to the design of mobile application architecture
- Creates user interfaces that scale well for all device sizes in Storyboard and .XIB
- Acts as a subject matter expert for state-of-the-art iOS development
- At least 8 years of software development experience, 5+ years of iOS specific experience
- Experience building and launching consumer-facing iOS applications at scale
- Experience leading development of mobile applications from inception to launch, and the subsequent scaling of those applications
- Strong coding and design patterns, including MVVM, VIPER, Clean Swift, and Protocol Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of auto-layout and constraints in storyboard/.XIB files
- Knowledge of how to navigate through multi-threaded environments
- Ability to learn and understand operating systems including iOS, macOS, and Unix systems
- Knowledge of third-party dependency managers (Cocoa Pods / Carthage)
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering practices such as version control, branching, code reviews, testing, and continuous integration and deployment
- Experience working with Agile project management methodologies
- Ability to function highly independently and juggle competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication tailored to appropriate audiences
- Experience launching and managing applications in the App Store
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field strongly preferred
- Experience developing and supporting high-traffic consumer-facing applications
- Knowledge of functional programming concepts, Key-Value Observation, or Graph QL / Apollo iOS
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes containerization technologies
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional corporate setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.)
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
May require occasional travel, up to 10%.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws.