MedMen is a cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen at www.medmen.com
MedMen is looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer with a background in building enterprise grade applications. The ideal candidate will serve as a resource across new initiatives including our rewards program and cannabis delivery services. The Staff Software Engineer will be expected to independently make architecture decisions, optimize application code and to be up to date with state-of-the-art development guidelines.
- Contributes to the architecture and development of internal and customer-facing applications and systems
- Takes ownership of projects and works closely with various business partners and product stakeholders to ensure project success
- Understands the direct business goals of the project at hand and steers technology direction to meet those goals
- Provides leadership on the team and leads by example, through mentorship, and with extensive collaboration
- At least 8 years of experience delivering software solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or applicable experience
- Experience working with Agile project management methodologies such as SCRUM
- Knowledge of software engineering practices such as version control, branching, code reviews, testing, and continuous integration and deployment
- Skills building applications in React
- Skills integrating with APIs built using GraphQL
- Experience iterating quickly with Product and Design teams
- Experience building performant and secure web applications
- Experience architecting cloud-native applications in Azure or AWS
- Experience with serverless technologies such as Azure Functions or AWS Lambda
- Experience architecting comprehensive frontend test frameworks with Cypress
- Experience with micro-services application architecture
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes containerization technologies
- Experience with data modeling tools and techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication tailored to appropriate audiences
- Ability to function highly independently and juggle competing priorities
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional corporate setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.)
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
May require occasional travel, up to 10%.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws.