MedMen is North America’s leading cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen and The MedMen Foundation at www.medmen.com
The IPM Technician Tech I works in conjunction with the Cultivation Manager overseeing all Integrated Pest Management activities. Eliminates and controls undesirable insects and animals with infrequent supervision. The applicator is versant in proper application methodology including calibration, application procedures and insect, arachnid and vertebrate identification.
Reasonable accommodations may be to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Identifies insects, arthropods, vertebrates and other pests and create treatment plans based on physiology
• Measures area dimensions requiring treatment; calculates chemical requirements to address specific pest issues
• Operates, maintains and repairs equipment
• Coordinates scheduling of work orders with Cultivation Manager
• Stays current on practices and all local, state and federal codes and regulations related to IPM in agriculture
• Ensures timely submission of all required records
• Implements quality standards; conducts and documents follow-up inspections
• Attends required training to maintain commercial applicators license for Pest category
• Maintains effective written and oral communication with Cultivation Manager
• Follows standard operating procedures for assigned tasks and projects; follows all safety protocol
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Business Acumen.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Customer/Client Focus.
• Organizational Skills.
• Problem Solving/Analysis.
• Results Driven.
• Technical Capacity.
• Positive attitude all the time
This position has no management functions.
This job operates in a commercial horticulture environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud, tight corners and workspaces. Extensive walking and equipment operation. Exposure to: extreme weather conditions, pesticides, fertilizers and pollen producing environment. Work time expectation: 80% of the time will be physical labor, 5% training and misc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some examples are: lifting to 50lbs, some work with hands above head, bending over for an extended period, and working in tight, dusty, cold, hot, spaces, etc.
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Minimum of two years’ field or greenhouse pest management experience OR an undergraduate degree in a related field.
• Must obtain a State Certified Applicator license in Pest category within 90 days.
• Ability to identify insects, arthropods, vertebrates and other pests and create treatment plans based on physiology.
Preferred Education and Experience
Experience working with horticulture/agricultural, processes and principles is preferred.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
No travel is expected for this position but could be required from time to time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.