MedMen is North America’s leading cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen and The MedMen Foundation at www.medmen.com
This position is responsible for providing regulatory compliance support and guidance to MedMen’s cultivation, manufacturing and retail groups, developing regulatory guides to support compliance needs, and interacting with applicable regulatory bodies as needed This position will primarily support MedMen’s East Coast and Midwest operations.
- Learn and stay up to date with cannabis regulations in FL, MA, NY and other jurisdictions as applicable.
- Collaborate with Cultivation/Manufacturing and Retail teams to implement and enhance compliant processes.
- Create and enhance standard operating procedures.
- Partner with senior member of supported team and provide real-time onsite compliance support.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement in compliance processes, documentation and execution.
- Compile and submit regulatory documents for review and approval.
- Maintain accurate and complete records for ongoing compliance operations.
- Conduct periodic onsite visits to perform regulatory audits.
- Compile and submit license applications.
- Maintain regulatory relationship in designated jurisdictions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or applicable work experience.
- 3+ years of compliance/operations/regulatory experience in a highly regulated industry, including but not limited to cannabis, pharmaceutical, motor vehicle manufacturing or petroleum manufacturing
- Project management experience leading cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Cannabis regulation and/or product knowledge
- Prior experience working with cannabis cultivation or manufacturing
- Prior audit experience
- Experience with Biotrack, Metrc or other Seed-to-Sale systems
- Ability to draft succinct memos, business correspondences and procedures
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This position will require 10-20% travel as business needs dictate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Individuals seeking employment at MedMen are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.