We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
The manager of manufacturing position directs single-site manufacturing operations through a team of functional managers and supervisors and/or lead manufacturing technicians. The position has the responsibility of overseeing the filling, capping, packaging and labeling activities of all existing products as well as extraction activities and future Florida State product launches. It also ensures increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower, materials, and machines, and is ultimately responsible for the four walls of the building (multi-shifts).
- Manages policy deployment in the areas of Lean Manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls and plant performance measures.
- Alongside the Human Resources department, provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Work with Plant Manager to design or redesign manufacturing lines for new or modified products as needed.
- Oversee production, implementation SQF safety, inventory, and shipping to ensure products are manufactured safely and efficiently with attention to delivering high-quality products and delivering them on time.
- Establish or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Provide leadership to ensure that safety and company policies are adhered to consistently and effectively.
- Coach and provide input to supervisors to provide quality, timely and consistent performance management reviews as well as support ongoing performance recognition as well as disciplinary action as needed.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships.
- Manages material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand.
- Ensures compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
- Maintain compliance with all FDA, cGMP, and SQF Program.
- Balances work cell capacity/loading across the plant.
- Determines operations headcount needs and ensures compliance with company policies.
- Identifies, communicates and drives implementation of capital investments and improvement projects.
- Manages compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Oversees the cleaning and maintenance (as well as documentation) of all manufacturing rooms and equipment both pre and post-use.
- Leads &/or provides guidance in the creation of and revision to Standard Operating Procedures and Manufacturing Batch Records.
- Leads the investigations of any manufacturing deviation from written instructions and product &/or material component Out of Specification reported or observed result(s).
- Maintains management tool(s) to control the timely closure of any investigation or Risk Assessment Corrective & Preventive Actions.
- Continually performs a manufacturing documentation gap assessment to ensure sufficient written instructions are available to subordinate staff.
- Works with MedMen Training Department to build and maintain subordinate staff training curriculum, including when necessary activity “performance” demonstrations.”
- Maintains management tool to ensure subordinate training requirements remain current.
- Actively identifies and implements department cost reduction activities.
- Actively leads space-planning and implementation activities.
- Contributes at a lead level to the establishment and maintenance of area Key Performance Indicators.
- Maintains transparent inter-department written communication system regarding end of day accomplishments, unplanned events, next-day’s scheduled activities, roadblocks/workarounds and decisions needed.
- Establish equipment identification numbering system, with comprehensive field labeling.
- Establish and maintain equipment files to include any qualification/commissioning documents, repair or modification history, preventive maintenance and calibration records.
- Contributes to the selection of new Manufacturing equipment purchases.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
- Project Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Technical Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct
- Results Driven
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Self-starter/self-motivated type. Has the ability to work in a hands-on environment and work well independently.
- Is a “take charge” individual and manager (as opposed to someone who needs to be told what to do on a continual basis.)
- Possesses the ability to adapt and react to continually changing conditions. (We are on a fast-paced growth track, and rapid change is the only constant!)
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years in manufacturing products (experience in food production strongly preferred).
- Experience with lean manufacturing processes and best practices in safety
- Strong understanding of manufacturing cost controls, inventory management, (SQF) Safe Quality Food practice
- Excellent interpersonal, team building, organizational and oral and written communication skills.
- Leadership certifications and demonstrated project management experience.
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Technical skills in materials and inventory management, production scheduling, and preventive maintenance.
- Knowledge of FDA requirements, cGMP, SOP, and SQF Program.
- Bachelor’s degree
This position manages all hourly employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department in partnership with The Human Resources Department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires up to 10% travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer Individuals seeking employment at MedMen are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.