We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
Cultivation Manger works closely with the Director of Cultivation to create policies and procedures for cultivation department as well as oversees the daily operations process for the marijuana cultivation facility.
- Scale, upgrade, and optimize infrastructure consistent with anticipated growth, trends, needs, and requirements
- Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures Ensure all safety and quality standards are adhered to
- Design capable, scalable processes to consistently deliver optimal quality and yield Maintain accurate daily records of flower product during the different phases of the process
- Ensure overall crop management including purchasing inputs, monitoring, etc.
- Develop company cultivation methodology
- Motivate cultivation staff to meet set performance targets
- Ensure post-harvest work areas are clean and maintained in accordance with the company’s standard operating procedures
- Work closely with the rest of the Cultivation Department to improve processes and develop new best practices
- Ensure proper training and development of employees
- Maintain accurate inventory of tools and supplies
- Work closely with the Cultivation Supervisor to prepare weekly employee time and payroll
- Supervise all post-harvest activities
Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
Per Florida statute, a registered caregiver in the Medical Marijuana Use Registry (MMUR) must not be employed by a medical marijuana treatment center or a marijuana testing laboratory, like MME Florida, LLC. Fl. Statutes 381.986 Sec.6. A registered caregiver can relinquish the role of registered caregiver at any time.
- Performance Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Business Acumen.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility/Independent thinker.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Presentation Skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Strong Excel and Word Acumen.
- Able to work in a Team Environment.
- Work diligently in a very fast-pace environment.
- Meet all deadlines and track and provide updates.
This position manages all hourly employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department in partnership with The Human Resources Department.
This job operates in a professional cultivation environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work environment can be loud, tight corners and work spaces.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some examples are: lifting up to 50lbs, some work with hands above head, bending over for extended period, and working in tight, dusty, cold, hot, spaces, etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 10% travel.
Required Education and Experience
- 5 or more years of managing day to day operations of industrial cropping facilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration Business Management, Horticulture, plant biology or related field.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working with manufacturing based technology, processes and principles is preferred.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
No Hi-B sponsorship. Completion and successful passing of Background and Drug Screen
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer Individuals seeking employment at MedMen are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.