We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
The Store Manager is responsible for leading through MedMen’s mission, vision, and values in order to develop a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth.
The Store Manager, in partnership of the General Manager, leads a team of Co-Managers who specialize in DOR’s (division of responsibility) and is accountable for all aspects of managing a single retail store (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned).
This leader drives business through a DOR focus on Hospitality (“showtime” sales training, product knowledge, loyalty and leadership development), Product (visual presentation, product performance and promotions), and Operations (ingestion of product, policy and procedures, expense control, compliance, and loss prevention). This position requires a passion for process excellence, a drive for results, and the ability to lead and influence.
The Store Manager is responsible for overseeing the financial success of the store and has full P&L responsibility. The SM is responsible for responding to business needs and strategizing around business trends in order to drive profitable top line sales growth. The Store Manager must also have experience in assessing, recruiting and screening talent.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meet or exceed goals related to total store sales, profitability, and operational excellence.
- Forecast and adjust payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales & payroll goals, and complete workload.
- Build a team that embodies the MM brand by delivering exceptional service and driving customer loyalty therefore increasing return visits.
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including store visit and audit results.
- Identify underperforming metrics and develop strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business.
- Create and ensure a cohesive work environment.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent.
- Place the right people in the right roles, specifically the management DOR program.
- Train, coach, and develop all team members using company programs, tools, and resources.
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of associates.
- Model an environment of open communication by sharing enterprise strategy and corporate messaging to associates.
- Promote a culture of teamwork by working alongside the management team, establishing priorities, and providing clear direction.
- Be knowledgeable of and analyze compliance audit data to ensure compliance with MM policies, regulations adherence, procedures, and compliance standards.
- Use the company's scheduling tool as directed to schedule the right associates, in the right places, at the right times in order to provide a “showtime” customer experience, reduce loss, and execute company directives. Partner with co-managers on hospitality and operational scheduling needs.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, compliance and loss prevention.
- Performance manage and coach team members on poor performance and violation of company and compliance policies in partnership of GM and HRBP.
- Support continuous improvement by implementing company programs and influencing end-user’s buy in.
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Relationship Management
- Performance Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Consulting Skills
- Global & Cultural Awareness
The Store Manager may perform other related duties as required by the Company, field leadership, and especially with regard to serving the customer.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- 5+ years of managerial experience preferably in a retail-based industry with a customer-centric approach
- Demonstrated ability to achieve individual selling goals and metrics
- Proven ability to drive sales results, able to analyze selling reports, identify business trends and react quickly to the needs of the business
- Comfort in making decisions and mediating conflict within a team environment
- Ability to address complex issues and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to identify top talent and train/develop/retain great people.
- Proficient in windows - based software such as Excel, Word and Outlook
This position manages all employees of each DOR and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional retail store environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
This position regularly requires a flex schedule, long hours, weekend work and holiday availability.
Ability to climb step stools and ladders. Ability to bend, lift, open and move product and fixtures up to 50 lbs., as needed. Ability to stand/walk for long periods at a time. Possess manual dexterity and hand - eye coordination. Ability to travel to other store locations (if needed) and attend district meetings
This position requires minimal travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H-1B sponsorship.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer Individuals seeking employment at MedMen are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.