We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
MedMen is the first turnkey marijuana corporation of its kind and is transforming the way people experience and perceive this previously underground multi-billion-dollar cannabis/wellness industry. At MedMen you'll be inspired, challenged and humbled working with insanely smart and passionate people.
As Azure DevOps Engineer with MedMen, you will be supporting the application team on projects within the Azure cloud as a member of the Infrastructure team that supports a wide range of hosted services that provide a service to MedMen Employees.
If you're already at this level or highly proficient and ready to take the next step in your career this is the opportunity for you.
- Participate with groups that are responsible for the overall strategy, architecture and design of the enterprise cloud
- Contribute to the design of our build/release processes using VSTS.
- Implement, automate, and maintain those processes
- Ensure compliance requirements related to deployments
- Build and maintain tools used for builds and releases
- Maintain shared infrastructure used by all applications for logging, tracing, monitoring, alerting, etc.
- Support change management efforts as directed by senior team members.
- Documentation: Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all supported computer systems and updates for each system change
- After hours and some weekend work is expected as required
- Ability to troubleshoot calmly and effectively within tight time constraints
Required Education and Experience
- 7+ years operations support deploying web services/web applications experience
- Comfortable with Python or Golang
- Comfortable with Git
- Expert knowledge on Azure Cloud. PaaS, IaaS etc.
- Expert knowledge using VSTS for build release process.
- Experience with containers (e.g. rkt, cri-o, Docker)
- Experience with container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Compose)
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, etc)
- User-level familiarity with modern build experience tools such as Maven/SBT/Grunt/Webpack/npm and familiar with continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity) systems
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
- Very comfortable with Network administration including load balancing, routing, firewalls, VPN
- Good to have:
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Spinnaker
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Must successful complete and pass background and drug screen, and live scan.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 50 Lbs.
Travel: Travel will be required to multiple MedMen locations.
MedMen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MedMen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MedMen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MedMen employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.