Medigo is a third party administration (TPA) service provider based in Berlin. Our mission is to provide global access to quality healthcare. We help organisations navigate global healthcare thanks to our curated provider network, proprietary claims software, and experienced claims team that provide a consistently positive user experience to our partners and policyholders.
Medigo is supported by leading VCs such as Accel Partners and Atlantic Labs, and employs a driven, international team of 30+ people. Medigo's initial product was a popular medical travel platform that enabled over 200,000 self-paying patients to arrange treatment at high-quality hospitals across the globe.
The position Compliance and Legal Manager (m/f/d) is available at the earliest possible date, is offered in full-time and located in Berlin. If part-time is preferred, this is something we can talk about. Please note that we cannot support a visa application for this role.
Our application process is currently completely online and we use video calls for all interviews.
- You will implement and continuously revise the company’s compliance roadmap
- You will act as the primary point of contact for our Data Protection Officer in all matters
- You will oversee the lawful and compliant operation of all processes at Medigo, identify hidden risks, and make sure everyone is up-to-date with relevant regulations
- You will collaborate with company management, departments, and individuals on compliance and data protection projects
- You will coordinate and contribute to partner Due Diligences, Assessments, and Audits
- You will continuously improve efficiency and "leanness" of our compliance processes
- You will manage relationships with internal and external legal stakeholders
- You will provide strategic input and legal consultation to the founders' team
- You will support internal stakeholders in legal queries (i.e. in contract negotiations)
- You will own and continuously improve our legal agreement templates and on-demand drafts
- You are trained in the practical application of GDPR / DSGVO compliance in small to mid-sized companies and ideally have a background in law, accounting, economics, or finance
- You are digital-savvy and have a proven track record of supporting startups that deal with sensitive data
- You are extremely organised and able to help others sustain and scale all organisational aspects of compliance planning and documentation
- Your pragmatism, reliability, and strong communication skills in English and German make you a trusted and easy-to-work-with team member
- You are highly autonomous and know how to manage and prioritise your workload
- Be part of an innovative, international company that is passionate about disrupting the medical insurance and patient services industry - making a real difference to patient’s lives
- Develop your skills within an ambitious, professional, and supportive team, in a company where independent thinking and taking responsibility are encouraged
- A light and spacious office loft and a rooftop-terrace in Berlin-Mitte with lots of parks and cafés nearby - but also the flexibility to work from home
- Join us for knowledge-sharing workshops, sports activities, free German classes, and regular team events