JOIN OUR TEAM
Mediatonic is a team of over 300 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people. We devote our careers to crafting awesome original games in the hopes of bringing a little more joy into the world.
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. We passionately believe that games are for everyone, whether we’re playing or creating them.
LIVE OPS DESIGN
What We Do
The live ops team on Mediatonic’s smash-hit, original IP, Fall Guys is at the centre of engaging and exciting the players in the worlds largest gameshow. You will be working closely with the Lead Designer to agree on a vision, and then delivering on that vision with the other designers on your team.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Designer to manage focused prototypes to prove out initial ideas, and hold responsibility alongside the lead for setting the standard and creative vision for experience that the team delivers.
You will be in regular contact with internal and external stakeholders on design matters, stepping in for the Lead when absent. You are able to not just sell your ideas, but articulately defend and justify your decisions during development.
You review the work of regular and junior designers you have responsibility for the quality of their output, steering and growing their own development whilst ensuring the project remains on track. You will make project critical decisions in the absence of the lead and forge strong relationships with other senior and discipline leads.
You review data derived from economic and gameplay models and use this to inform high-level decisions and priorities for the project. You lead brainstorms and ideation within the team, and ensure the best possible ideas are stress-tested and realised in-game.
In this role, you will
- Take ownership on key aspects of a project and, with a team of designers, deliver on the lead's vision.
- Be comfortable running creative and iterative processes on features alongside a lead to find-the-fun in new game experiences.
- Support the lead in delivering on prototype and other milestone goals.
- Offer clear direction and solutions during these processes, justifying your decisions to the lead.
- Deliver major aspects of a game to the best of our initial vision and expected quality.
- Feedback on high level overviews of new feature designs and concepts, use your experience to steer early ideas in the best direction.
- Identify and prioritize required feature specifications for more junior designers.
- Set the standard for these specs, and review and sign off on all specifications from junior team members.
- Manage regular internal testing sessions on projects, both within the team and across the wider studio.
- Attend regular publisher meetings alongside the lead, and handle these interactions professionally in the absence of the lead.
What we're looking for
- Experience within a studio environment (with at least some focused on Free-to-Play development)
- Demonstrated talent for empathizing with players and a deep understanding of player motivations, forms of play, and the effects of goal setting on play.
- Exceptional understanding of game structure and systems.
- Exceptional ability to produce clear and workable documentation.
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
- Wide knowledge base of past and present games, across all genres.
- Comfortable working closely with others and looking after creative teams.
- Adaptable and able to quickly pick-up new skills and ways of working.