JOIN OUR TEAM
Mediatonic is a team of over 300 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people. We devote our careers to crafting awesome original games in the hopes of bringing a little more joy into the world.
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. We passionately believe that games are for everyone, whether we’re playing or creating them.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a discipline head for the Technical Art team at Mediatonic.
As a Technical Art Director, you’ll be responsible for an organisation of 15-20 Technical Artists, with 4-6 senior team members reporting into you. You will ensure we are making the best technical choices, developing efficient pipelines and driving the performance and visual quality of our games. We’re looking for an experienced leader with extensive technical knowledge and who is passionate about managing people and driving best practices across our teams.
This is a studio, cross-project role but with a strong focus on Fall Guys.
As a Technical Art Director, it’s not expected that you are the expert in every area of Technical Art, but expertise across multiple areas of Tech Art is desired, such as rendering, content creation, memory/performance, shader creation and/or tool development.
In this role, you will
- Lead, mentor and manage our Technical Art team. Motivating the team and maintaining a positive team culture
- Define a strong vision for Technical Art across the studio to define standards, push quality and develop efficient content creation pipelines
- Represent and advocate for the Technical Art discipline at a senior level, ensuring we have appropriate staffing, are prioritising the right things and risks are widely understood
- Oversee hiring for the TA team
- Drive and support the growth of the team through training, goal setting and professional development
- Closely collaborate with Art, Engineering and Production teams to understand requirements, defining technical roadmaps and prioritise work
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve how we work through technical advancements and adopting new best practices
What we’re looking for
- Strong knowledge of Unity, Unreal or similar
- Experience shipping AAA games across multiple platforms
- Strong technical expertise across several categories of technical art.
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise scripting within DCC apps or game engines
- A passion for making games
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applicants will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview and in some cases a panel interview with colleagues across Mediatonic & Epic. We look forward to hearing from you!