JOIN OUR TEAM
Mediatonic is a team of over 300 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people. We devote our careers to crafting awesome original games in the hopes of bringing a little more joy into the world.
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. We passionately believe that games are for everyone, whether we’re playing or creating them.
Mediatonic is the game developer behind Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout and a new member of the Epic Games family. We’re aiming to build "the Greatest Gameshow on Earth" as part of our mission to connect people through massively-multiplayer game experiences.
We take pride in crafting original titles that bring people together. Our quest is to create joyful experiences that are open to all by investing in the ideas, technologies and people that can bring our vision to life.
We’re looking for fantastic people to join our world-class team to help grow Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout into an entertainment platform and to nurture the other equally ambitious titles we’re dreaming up.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about finding technical solutions to support our mission to breathe life and magic into the animation of characters in our games. You build controls and state machines but are also comfortable jumping in and optimising animation systems to achieve the best results within the constraints of the target platform. You are well versed in the principles of animation, as well as 3D maths and physics. Most of all, you are happy to collaborate in a cross-discipline team with animators, tech artists and programmers to achieve the best possible results.
- Research, formulate and implement animation controls, state machines and runtime systems to realise animation goals in-game
- Collaborate with animators, technical artists and engineers, agreeing approaches and work split
- Assist the animators with the creation of best-in-class character animation within technical requirements
- Ensure techniques and implementations achieve optimal results for mobile and console, perform well and meet team engineering standards
- Collaborate with animators to ensure efficient and robust practices for skinning and rigging, ensuring processes are scalable and account for production and live ops constraints
- Profile, maintain and optimise systems as well as troubleshoot animation-related technical challenges
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
- Responsible for performance of features on multiple platforms
The ideal candidate with have strong practical experience of working in technical animation, including coordinating and collaborating in a smaller team and have ideally shipped one or more AAA game titles and experience of mobile and multi-platform projects.
- Detailed knowledge of the animation pipeline, including skinning, rigging, programming state machines and scripting
- Experience with Unity3D or other 3D game engines and art tooling, e.g. Maya, Blender
- Maths skills and experience with Cg/HLSL programming is a bonus
- Programming skills in Python, C# and / or C++, with an understanding and passion for readable, robust code and best practices
- Understanding of the principles of animation and motion
- Understanding of runtime performance considerations and memory management
- Understanding of ragdoll physics
- A strong passion for making games
Are you interested in joining a business who strive to create moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years? Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal appeal to you?
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives and we strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome and diversity is celebrated. As we push towards ever more ambitious and high quality titles, we are looking for the finest talent in the industry to come and join us on our quest.
We not only offer you the chance to work with fantastic teams, on awesome and inspiring projects, we also offer industry leading salaries, flexible working hours including remote working and other benefits such as private healthcare and dental care.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd. Successful applicants will usually have a phone chat before being invited to a full interview and in some cases a panel interview with colleagues across Mediatonic & Epic. We look forward to hearing from you!
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.