Media Star Promotions, a leading Baltimore-based experiential marketing company with Fortune 500 clients and offices throughout the U.S. is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our Human Resources Department. This is a great opportunity for an experienced candidate to administer pay and benefits, enforce company policies and further develop their human resources management skills.
- Maintains human resources database, employee files and records by entering, updating and retrieving information.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping personnel data confidential.
- Responsible for employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Compiles and enters company payroll for 500+ employees.
- Responds to benefit enrollment and contact inquiries by employees and/or dependents.
- Prepares human resources reports by assembling and compiling data.
- Responds to telephone or written verifications of employment and other requests for information.
- Complies with federal, state, and local requirements by following policies and procedures.
- Stays current by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Candidates must be 21 years of age or older
- MS Office- especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel, including data entry skills
- Understanding of basic employment law
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Required experience 2+ years
- Required education; some college coursework completed
This is a 100% in-person position. Regular office hours are Monday – Friday, 10AM – 6PM.
Candidates must be 21 years of age or older.
A pre-hire background check and drug screening is required.