Senior DevOps Programmer
We are Media Molecule, a multi-award winning game developer and a proud member of the Playstation Studios family. We have a history of creating revolutionary games such as LittleBigPlanet, Tearaway and most recently, the BAFTA Award winning Dreams. It’s a fantastic time to join us as we embark on our next adventure, defining and executing the vision for our next ambitious project and settling into our spectacular, newly refurbished studio in central Guildford. We are now searching for a Senior DevOps Programmer to join our team.
Location: Our studio in Guildford, or remote. Must be able to work within the same timezone as the UK via video conferencing due to the need for close real-time collaboration.
Role: We are looking for enthusiastic, creative people to join our DevOps team and help us to ensure the smooth orchestration and operations associated with the backend infrastructure of our projects.
What you'll be doing:
- You will be part of a team that shares responsibility for the design, deployment and maintenance of our existing server infrastructure, continuous integration processes, and additional services.
- You will own and implement technical delivery of aspects of our DevOps solutions.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent debugging and investigative skills.
- Good working knowledge of Python and/or Go-lang.
- Experience with AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience working in Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience with continuous integration and infrastructure as code.
- Experience establishing logging, monitoring and alerting systems.
- Experience ensuring solid security practices.
- Experience with DynamoDB or Redis.
- Experience with Perforce or Git.
In return we offer the opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and social team, with a tip top benefits package including (but not limited to);
- Competitive salary & bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme, life assurance, income protection and access to a financial planning coach
- 25 days holiday and discretionary additional holiday days over summer and Christmas
- Flexible working practises (onsite, hybrid, UK remote, core hours – role dependent)
- Free lunches, snacks and refreshments on site
- Private health and dental insurance plus Online GP access
- Modern health EAP
- Free PS game codes and Sony product discounts
- Quarterly Mm wellbeing days
- Gymflex discount
- £250 annual personal development fund and access to our online learning library
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Menopause policy
- Volunteering opportunities
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
If you’re interested in this role but your salary requirements are above the range outlined, we’d still encourage you to apply! There could be flexibility for an exceptional candidate with the right skill set, mindset!.