Tools Programmer - Web & LiveOps
Media Molecule is a video game development studio based in Guildford in the UK, and a proud member of the PlayStation Worldwide Studios. We are the creators of the multi-award winning games LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Tearaway, Tearaway Unfolded and we're currently building the next generation of Play, Create and Share for PlayStation 4: Dreams.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming and we are passionate about making games with creative gameplay. Our studio is fast paced, dynamic, collaborative and is undergoing a period of significant growth and evolution!
Location: Our studio in Guildford or remote (able to work within the same timezone as the UK via video conferencing due to the need for close real-time collaboration).
Role: We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative individual to join our online tools team and help us build web-based tooling to facilitate effective game development across our studio. Collaborating with Artists, Designers and Tech, the successful candidate will constantly be using their experience and passion for developing online tools to help expand capabilities across our teams.
What you'll be doing:
- You will work closely with QA and Live teams to provide tooling capabilities at the core of our live-service.
- You will own and implement technical delivery of aspects of our online tooling solutions.
Level: Junior or above
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Go-lang and familiarity with C++.
- Good debugging and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Self-motivated and able to adapt effectively to new challenges as they arise.
- Professional programming experience working as a tools or server programmer in a game development studio (or related field).
- Experience with scripting languages e.g. Python.
- Experience building web services.
- Experience working in a live service environment.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.