Media Molecule is a video game development studio based in Guildford in the UK, and a proud member of the PlayStation Worldwide Studios. We are the creators of the multi-award winning games LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Tearaway, Tearaway Unfolded and we're currently building the next generation of Play, Create and Share for PlayStation 4: Dreams.
We have exciting goals for the future, and as a result we are now growing our awesome team, fast! We are hiring talented engineers at all levels, so if you would like to be part of a collaborative, creatively ambitious team, please do get in touch.
Location: Our studio in Guildford or remote (able to work within the same timezone as the UK via video conferencing due to the need for close real-time collaboration).
Role: We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative individual, to join our studio and help us to build real-time networked systems. We hope to find someone who will be eager to work with Designers and Programmers to implement key game features from inception to completion.
Level: Senior or above
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of C++ accompanied by solid debugging and analytical skills.
- Deep understanding of game networking models and the pros and cons of each.
- An advanced understanding of server architecture and networking protocols used for real-time online multiplayer games at scale alongside an associated knowledge of network and server security.
- Professional work experience as a network programmer, having shipped at least one MMO title.
- Familiarity with hardware details of multiple game platforms, their associated capabilities and performance bottlenecks.
- Able to work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision.
- Experience with load testing and simulation.
- Experience with AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.