Media Molecule is a video game development studio based in Guildford in the UK, and a proud member of the PlayStation Worldwide Studios. We are the creators of the multi-award winning games LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Tearaway, Tearaway Unfolded and we're currently building the next generation of Play, Create and Share for PlayStation 4: Dreams.
We have exciting goals for the future, and as a result we are now growing our awesome team, fast! We are hiring talented engineers at all levels, so if you would like to be part of a collaborative, creatively ambitious team, please do get in touch.
Location: Our studio in Guildford, or remote (able to work within the same timezone as the UK via video conferencing due to the need for close real-time collaboration).
Role: We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative individual to join our Create team to work with us on maintaining and building new additions to the Dreams creator toolset. We hope to find someone who is passionate about technology and design, able to help us to add the special details required to deliver inspiring and powerful tools to our users.
Level: Junior or above
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A passion to design and implement innovative user-facing creative tools to a high quality live services standard.
- Excellent C++ skills, with the ability to write readable/maintainable code.
- Good grasp of mathematical concepts and analysis techniques as they apply to game programming.
- Able to take an idea from a high level concept through to an implementation.
- Able to collaborate with a wide range of disciplines, iterating on features based on feedback, and critiquing your own work.
- Self-motivated and able to adapt effectively to new challenges as they arise.
- Able to talk through problems and solutions in both technical and non-technical contexts.
- Experience working as a programmer on real-time computer graphics based applications.
- Experience debugging and rectifying code in a multithreaded environment.
- Experience with using some form of version control for change management.
- Design flair with a good sense around usability design.
- Experience with VR-based game development.
- An active interest in related game development disciplines, such as art, animation, or audio.
- Keen interest in games, experience with Dreams an added bonus.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.