Media Molecule is a video game development studio based in Guildford in the UK, and a proud member of the PlayStation Worldwide Studios. We are the creators of the multi-award winning games LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Tearaway, Tearaway Unfolded and we're currently building the next generation of Play, Create and Share for PlayStation 4: Dreams.
We have exciting goals for the future, and as a result we are now growing our awesome team, fast! We are hiring talented engineers at all levels, so if you would like to be part of a collaborative, creatively ambitious team, please do get in touch.
Location: Our studio in Guildford or remote (able to work within the same timezone as the UK via video conferencing due to the need for close real-time collaboration).
About us: It’s an exciting time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming and we are passionate about making games with creative gameplay. Our studio is fast paced, dynamic, collaborative and is undergoing a period of significant growth and evolution!
Role: We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative individual to join us as a member of our Engine Team and help us to develop and optimise core aspects of the Dreams game engine. We hope to find someone who is passionate about systems programming, hardware abstraction layers and building technology from the ground up.
Level: Mid or above
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of low-level C++ programming accompanied by solid debugging and analytical skills.
- Deep understanding of software performance characteristics and associated ability to implement systems optimised for performance.
- Good grasp of mathematical concepts and analysis techniques as they apply to game engine programming.
- Professional programming experience working as an engine programmer on real-time computer graphics based applications.
- Experience with cross platform development techniques and methods for optimising code across varied architectures.
- Working knowledge of modern computer and GPU architecture.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant technological developments and advancements within the games industry.
- Able to work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.