Tech Lead – Live Service
Media Molecule is a video game development studio based in Guildford in the UK, and a proud member of the PlayStation Worldwide Studios. We are the creators of the multi-award winning games LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Tearaway, Tearaway Unfolded and we're currently building the next generation of Play, Create and Share for PlayStation 4: Dreams.
We have exciting goals for the future, and as a result we are now growing our awesome team, fast! We are hiring talented engineers at all levels, so if you would like to be part of a collaborative, creatively ambitious team, please do get in touch.
As a tech lead at Media Molecule you will play a key role in our live team where you will be responsible for managing the technical aspects of our continual improvement and experimentation initiatives within Dreams. You will partner collaboratively with other technical stakeholders across the studio to ensure the ongoing technical success of our innovative user generated content platform as we expand the capabilities of our service.
What you'll be doing:
- You will manage the day-to-day work of the live programming team.
- You will partner closely with production and programmers on the live team to build pragmatic technical roadmaps focused on improving and optimising the player experience within the Dreamiverse.
- You will ensure that system designs are clearly established and communicated to relevant stakeholders.
- You will proactively solve problems, working in collaboration with other discipline leads.
- You will ensure that technical initiatives across the live team are aligned with the studio’s technical strategy.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the technical quality and timely cadence of the live team’s releases.
- You will be responsible for driving forward optimizations of the studio’s live release process.
- You will build strong working relationships with representatives of our backend services team to ensure the scalability of our live service.
- You will support the live programming team’s welfare and provide meaningful mentoring.
- Your work will affect broad aspects of the Dreamiverse and will have significant impact on our player and community experience.
- You have experience developing and refactoring code in a live service environment.
- You have strong knowledge of both C and C++.
- You have excellent debugging and analytical skills.
- You have experience working closely with game analytics teams to optimise a live service.
- You have 8+ years of game development experience, live service experience a must, console experience a plus.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have experience managing. mentoring and leading technical staff.
- You are able to create, manage and track team schedules.
- You demonstrate strong, natural, leadership skills and emotional intelligence with the ability to lead remotely.
- You are able to work effectively with production teams to analyse and address development needs.
- You are able to work collaboratively, autonomously and are capable of delivering team results with limited supervision.
- You are interested in UGC games.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.