Senior Server Programmer
Media Molecule is a video game development studio based in Guildford in the UK, and a proud member of the PlayStation Worldwide Studios. We are the creators of the multi-award winning games LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Tearaway, Tearaway Unfolded and we're currently building the next generation of Play, Create and Share for PlayStation 4: Dreams.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Media Molecule as we look to further push the creative boundaries of gaming and we are passionate about making games with creative gameplay. Our studio is fast paced, dynamic, collaborative and is undergoing a period of significant growth and evolution!
Location: Our studio in Guildford or remote (able to work within the same timezone as the UK via video conferencing due to the need for close real-time collaboration).
Role: We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual to join our server team and work closely with cross discipline client-side teams to improve upon and scale new and existing server features. You will help to design, develop and support high performance online services. Assist with the deployment of new servers and monitor their operations after launch. Improve and iterate on low level networking systems. Complete profiling, performance analysis and performance tuning to ensure server and game performance goals are met.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Go-lang and familiarity with C++.
- Excellent debugging and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Knowledge of common networking protocols and network security.
- Professional programming experience working as a server programmer.
- Experience with scripting languages e.g. Python.
- Experience with AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes and experience working in Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience building and maintaining online services for games at scale.
- Keen interest in games, experience with Dreams an added bonus.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.