Senior Server Programmer
As a senior programmer at Media Molecule, you will be part of the server team focused on building innovative online services, looking to enable the world to create their own unique gaming experiences. Collaborating with Artists, Designers and Tech, you will constantly be using your experience and passion for developing compelling player experiences to help expand the vision of Dreams.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, develop and support high performance online services with an initial focus on search.
- Work closely with Design to improve upon and scale new and existing social features.
- Improve and iterate on low level networking systems.
- Complete profiling, performance analysis and performance tuning to ensure server and game performance goals are met.
- Work closely with other Programmers, Production, Analytics and QA to ensure code shipped is high quality.
- Assist with the deployment of new servers and monitor their operations after launch.
- Experience with golang, C# or C++
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Excellent debugging and analytical skills.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Knowledge of common networking protocols. e.g. HTTP, TCP
- Interest in games.
- Knowledge of network security.
- Experience with scripting languages e.g. Python
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working in Windows/Linux environments