- Design, develop and support high performance online services with an initial focus on adding multiplayer support.
- Work closely with Design to improve upon or create new multiplayer features.
- Improve and iterate on low level networking systems.
- Manage deployment of new servers and monitor operations after launch.
- Complete profiling, performance analysis and performance tuning to hit server and game performance goals.
- Work closely with other Programmers, Production and QA to ensure code shipped is high quality.
- Assist with the deployment of new servers and monitor their operations after launch.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Solid professional work experience as Programmer, preferably in the games industry.
- Shipped at least one AAA title
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ and at least one scripting language.
- Excellent debugging and communication skills.
- Understanding of game networking models and the pros and cons of each.
- Knowledge of common server architecture and networking protocols used for large-scale multiplayer online games.
- Strong knowledge of network and server security.
- Experience making MMO.
- Experience working in Linux/Unix environments.