As a Programmer at Media Molecule, you will be innovating player facing features and systems, enabling the world to create their own unique gaming experience. Collaborating with Artists, Designers and Tech, you will constantly be using your experience and passion for developing compelling player experiences to help expand the vision of Dreams.
WHAT YOU WILL DO/YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prototyping UGC creation tools and exploring creative ideas with an absolute focus on quality, player experience and making the most of PlayStation hardware.
- Designing, developing, testing, documenting and maintaining highly accessible features in close collaboration with other programmers, designers and artists.
- Design and development of wider game code architecture.
- Troubleshooting and designing solutions to issues relating to these areas.
- Proactively and methodically improving quality, efficiency and best practice.
- Work with production to schedule and prioritise tasks as they arise.
WHO YOU ARE/YOUR EXPERIENCE
- A reasonable understanding of each of the various areas of game development, with an in-depth focus on user interaction and providing satisfying gameplay experiences.
- Experience of game prototyping and rapid iteration on creative ideas.
- Working in a small focused work group while interfacing with a large multi-discipline team, you should have excellent communication skills, approachability, passion and aptitude for practical game development.
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- Proficiency in 3D maths and geometry.
- Robust software engineering and software architecture principles. Experience of working with and interfacing to a large codebase, including systems such as graphics, physics, animation, audio, and networking.
- A methodical approach to debugging and problem solving in general.
- An appreciation of parallelism and the implications for system design.
- Knowledge of PlayStation platform development, PC or other console-based development.
- Experience in successfully shipping a PC or console title.
- Experience on Multiplayer games would be beneficial
- Familiarity with developing VR experiences and interactions is a plus.
*due to Covid -19, we are all currently working from home until the new year. We will continue to review the situation and will always keep our candidates and employees informed of the evolving situation.