Principal Graphics Programmer
Media Molecule is a video game development studio based in Guildford in the UK, and a proud member of the PlayStation Worldwide Studios. We are the creators of the multi-award winning games LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Tearaway, Tearaway Unfolded and we're currently building the next generation of Play, Create and Share for PlayStation 4: Dreams.
We have exciting goals for the future, and as a result we are now growing our awesome team, fast! We are hiring talented engineers at all levels, so if you would like to be part of a collaborative, creatively ambitious team, please do get in touch.
We are seeking an experienced and talented Principal Graphics Programmer to help us continue to improve and expand the graphical capabilities of Dreams.
We are looking for someone with a passion for novel rendering technology, to understand the vision of the artists and designers, and help shape the future of the custom game engine that powers Dreams to meet that vision, on both current and next gen console platforms
As a Principal Graphics programmer at Media Molecule, you will be a member of our core engine team where you will help us continue to improve, expand and optimise the graphical capabilities of Dreams.
What you'll be doing
- Maintain and improve the novel rendering systems and creation tools of Dreams.
- Monitor and optimise GPU performance.
- Produce systems that are efficient, scalable and easy to maintain.
- Communicate ideas, goals and constraints with team members of multiple disciplines
- Collaborate with members of multiple disciplines to investigate and implement new
- rendering techniques to make Dreams more expressive and feature-rich.
- 5+ years of experience as a graphics programmer.
- Expert knowledge of both C and C++.
- Extensive knowledge of 3D maths and algorithms related to computer graphics.
- Excellent knowledge of modern GPU architectures and low-level programming.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Good knowledge of one or more rendering APIs such as DirectX, OpenGL/Vulkan or GNM.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.