The Lead Architect must be the driving force of our coding team to ensure quality and consistency across both the Live and Internal development code structures. They maintain a broad understanding of the work being done across the project and so are able to be the go-to person for both the programming and production teams to help choose the right coding strategies, identify potential problems and proactively design and help implement solutions to keep the codebase stable and maintainable as is needed for a live service.
The Lead Architect will be responsible for the technical road map for Dreams and all Media Molecule products. We are looking for someone with familiarity within the Live Service space, who has a passion for underpinning innovation with good practice.
- Set out the technical roadmap for all projects.
- Define and implement the architecture & infrastructure strategy for projects and drive inter-project collaboration on technology decisions
- Ensure architecture standards and guidelines are clearly established and communicated, making sure these are fit for purpose
- Ensure that all systems are secure.
- Define and deliver continuous improvement programmes so that, where applicable, systems deliver an improved performance to Mm and our customers building a culture of continual improvement and problem solving
- Provide analysis for technical options and alternatives, understanding technical risk analysis for the proposed solution
- They must help to design and maintain documentation for the code base in order to help QA understand the expected functionality and for aiding in on-boarding of other programmers
- Drive the reuse of code, components, and proven patterns, where appropriate
- Collecting, generating, and analysing innovative ideas and technologies to use across the business
- Communicate architecture proposals and technical roadmap planning to both developers and executives at various phases of the product lifecycle
Qualifications & Experience
- Extensive hands on experience of Live Service development.
- Experience working on multiple platforms, and at scale a plus.
- Excellent communications (written & verbal)
- Exposure and understanding of existing, new and emerging digital technologies
- Experience of managing a team
- Ability to provide direction and guidance on architectural use cases and requirements
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, system analysis or a related field of study or equivalent business experience
*Due to Covid -19, we are all currently working from home until the New Year. We will continue to review the situation and will always keep our candidates and employees informed of the evolving situation.