Media Molecule is seeking an experienced web designer to evolve our critically acclaimed new PlayStation 4 title, Dreams, on the web.

As a Web Designer, you’ll love creating visually stunning, enjoyable experiences. The web is a passion for you, its constantly evolving potential as a platform for creativity excites you! Because of that, you’re in tune with what’s happening in the latest of web technologies. You love experimenting with these new toys when they become available and your CodePen/other profile shows what fun you’ve been having.

What we need is someone who not only knows how to create the designs, but also translate those designs into HTML/CSS. We would be doing all the JavaScript coding but a working knowledge of JS would be a huge benefit.

Your experience across desktop, tablet, mobile or TV devices means all your web projects adapt effortlessly to the devices they’re enjoyed on.

What you’ll be doing

• Working as part of the indreams.me Team at Media Molecule to evolve the design and development of indreams.me alongside Dreams. This will include supporting new game functionality as well as concepting & developing new indreams.me functionality.
  • Working with our React project, writing semantic and accessible HTML.
  • Using SASS to produce visually impressive, responsive designs.
  • Responding to feedback and helping to fix issues, as part of support of indreams.me as a live service.
  • Working alongside the server and Dreamiverse teams, ensuring cohesion between the game and the web in your work.

Who you are/your experience

• In-depth knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
  • Working/basic knowledge of JavaScript
  • Conscientious about accessibility and user privacy.
  • An ability to produce standards compliant and accessible HTML and CSS.
  • A sharp attention to detail and an eye for pixel-perfect design.
  • Good knowledge of the latest web tools and technologies.
  • Able to work on own initiative or work well in a team.
  • solid experience producing high quality mobile-first websites, with an online portfolio showcasing this.
  • Player of video games.

Ideally you'll also have the following:

• Experience with a modern JavaScript framework.
  • Experience with working on high traffic websites.
  • Experience with using Storybook for maintaining component libraries.
  • Working understanding of BEM methodology for CSS.
  • Knowledge of graphics software such as Sketch or Photoshop.
  • Experience with video game live ops.

A little bit about you

When working, you’ll happily sketch out design ideas and draw up wireframes for pitching your proposals, before jumping in to your preferred IDE or text editor of choice to start typing the handwritten HTML and SASS/CSS you love to write. Your high standards and keen eye for detail never miss a trick.

Apply for this Job

* Required